Clash of Cultures» Forums » Rules

Subject: Cultural Influence and Objective Cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Micha W.
msg tools
Hi,
we have a played a four player game yesterday and we had the following problem:

I wanted to fullfill the objective that I have more temples than any other player. So I had 3 temples (my colour) in my own cities and 1 temple in a foreign city under cultural influence. In my opinion I had a total of 4 temples; other player had the opinion only the 3 pieces in my own city count.

So the question is: Do city pieces in a foreign cities count for completing objectives? If not? Can I count foreign pieces in my city?

Thanks Blueberryy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Caple
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Notts.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think your friend was right.

The card states "You own more cities with Temples than any other player".

It doesn't matter who "owns" the temple just who owns the city.

So in this case you'd count cities that you own (3) that also have Temples in them.

The 4th temple was not in your city so doesn't meet the criteria of you owning a city that has a temple in it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Marcussen
Denmark
Odense C
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Leighbob wrote:
I think your friend was right.

The card states "You own more cities with Temples than any other player".

It doesn't matter who "owns" the temple just who owns the city.

So in this case you'd count cities that you own (3) that also have Temples in them.

The 4th temple was not in your city so doesn't meet the criteria of you owning a city that has a temple in it.

Leigh is quite right. The owning part of the objective is important. It may seem unfair to you in this case, but this wording also ensure that temples in your cities under foreign cultural influence still count toward the objective. So it is worded like that to maintain balance.

Have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.