28 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Zombicide» Forums » General

Subject: Minis for custom characters? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kobold Kommander
msg tools
I was looking at making some custom characters for this game, but I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for minis that would mesh well with the rest of the figures.

I saw several on the Reaper website that looked promising. Particuarly the Sister Maria and Horace "Action" Jackson ones. I was also considering using the Chainsaw Zombie mini as an Abomination variant.I also wanted to grab some zombie dogs for Runner variants.I was also considering picking up either a bag of the Zombies!!! minis or Last Night on Earth minis to give the horde some variety,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Holttum
United Kingdom
Southend on Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be making some cards for this group of meddling kids and their dog in zombie-hunting gear.....

http://www.hfminis.co.uk/shop?product=post%252dapoc-gang~hfa...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hav a ton of appropriate minis. Hasslefree (as mentioned above) make some great ones, as do EM4, Copplestone, Studio Miniatures (including some Walking Dead and other movie types and a ton of fantastic zombies).

The Zombies! board game minis are going to be smaller, but if that does not bother you, go for it. Wargames Factory make some plastic zombies, but they need to be assembled and compared to some of the metal figures out there are not as detailed (but the price is fantastic and they just released a female zombie set that is pretty nice).

There are a couple threads on BGG for custom characters where myself and others have shown some of our figures and how we intend to use them in the game.

Jake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kobold Kommander
msg tools
Ah, thanks for the info!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken K
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Also consider Heroclix and Horrorclix minis. You can separate them from the clix base with a razor and re-base.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What scale are the zombicide zombies?

Are the Wargames Factory zombies the same size?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for that link Stuart, they look great! I had a very similar question to this so hope you don't mind me jumping in Kobold? I missed out on the Kickstarter but I really like playing with El Cholo so was wondering if anybody could suggest any good alternatives for this guy along with Dave the Geek etc.

Jake - have you got a link for the ones that you've created? Was looking for something similar from the extra missions thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kobold Kommander
msg tools
Ken K - I will take a look at the Heroclix/Horroclix. Though taking off bases and stuff is more work than I wanted to get into... It is hard enough avoiding the temptation to paint the runners... because if I did that I would have to resculpt some of the fatties... and if I did that I would want to customize the abomination... its a slippery slope I tells ya!

TLee - The Zombicide minis are 28mm "heroic" (whatever that means... total noob to all this)

Jonah- no worries. Highjack away! haha. Oh yeah, I when I was browsing the Reaper website (one of the few not blocked at work) I saw a couple that might work for you. They have one called Ernesto. He is no Danny Trejo, but he does have a machete: http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/Modern/latest/50043

For Dave the Geek I saw a generic "geek" in this set: http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/Modern/latest/50090

I couldn't find any that would be as cool as Bruce Willis for Nick though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For Dave I assume you want a figure with a molotov. Offensive Miniatures has some rioters:

Wargames Foundry has some that may work in the Street Violence Range:

http://wargamesfoundry.com/fantasy_ranges/single_packs/stree... Some of those figures are chunkier/biger than the ones that come with the game, but that does not bother me.

Some of the ones I did are here:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/9638972#9638972

You'll note I have not made custom cards for them, yet...

Someone posted a picture of some of the Wargames Factory zombies with some of these:

I use zombies from a ton of different companies in my horde:

http://s247.photobucket.com/albums/gg134/CptJake_Minis/Zombi...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just had a quick scroll through and there's some cool ones in there, sure people can make their own cards up if they want to use them! May start a thread where people can post custom characters. One of the things that I don't like about the game is that quite a few of the characters can become quite samey.

Know a lot of good places for extra zombies, I can see you have some of those Studio Miniatures (http://www.studiominiatures.com/Shop/Zombie-Miniatures.html) zombies which are ace. I'm getting some of the plastic ones and some Zombie Vixens (http://wargamesfactory.com/webstore/dark-futures/zombie-vixe...) from somebody on Warseer. I've just seen Studio Miniatures do some Survivors and Walt (http://www.studiominiatures.com/Shop/Survivors.html) is definitely Bruce Willis so that's Nick sorted! That's a good one for Dave though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kobold Kommander wrote:

I couldn't find any that would be as cool as Bruce Willis for Nick though.

As already mentioned...Studio Miniatures:

http://www.studiominiatures.com/Shop/Survivors.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I said that already!!!! Although I couldn't link it properly, how you do that?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jonahmaul wrote:

You did, but I had opened a 'reply' window before you posted and didn't see your reply. I ammended mine to say 'as mentioned' once I caught it.

I right clicked the picture on the Studio site and picked properties. I highlighted then 'copied' the URL for it.

In my reply I hit the insert external image button (looks like a tree) and pasted in the URL for th picture.

Jake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jakecarol wrote:
jonahmaul wrote:

You did, but I had opened a 'reply' window before you posted and didn't see your reply. I ammended mine to say 'as mentioned' once I caught it.

I right clicked the picture on the Studio site and picked properties. I highlighted then 'copied' the URL for it.

In my reply I hit the insert external image button (looks like a tree) and pasted in the URL for th picture.

Jake

Ha, I'm just joking anyway! Thanks for the info, know how to do it on other forums that I use but pretty new to BGG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kobold Kommander
msg tools
The Studio Miniatures site won't display properly for me at work :/

The Wargames Foundry Swat sets are pretty nice. Makes me want to make a Resident Evil character: HUNK. I think the Zombicide version would be called BEEFCAKE haha.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's strange. Can you just google studio miniatures or will the site itself just not work? I think Wayland Games sell some of their stuff so you could look on there? I definitely want some alternative fatties too. I think there's enough variety in the walkers (although I'm still getting some more!) but the fatties don't have a lot of painting options.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jonahmaul wrote:
I definitely want some alternative fatties too. I think there's enough variety in the walkers (although I'm still getting some more!) but the fatties don't have a lot of painting options.

My favorite fattie is a horrorclix I repainted.

She is not quite as tall as the included fatties, but she works...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
She's awesome! Will have to look at some of those horrorclix miniature and hunt some down! Just got myself 20 of the plastic studio miniatures zombies and 20 zombie vixens so that's walkers sorted!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen G Roy
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How did you get that chair out of her butt?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mister_Barista wrote:
How did you get that chair out of her butt?

Pliers and an exacto knife. I then made her booty out of green stuff/putty. I felt kinda dirty doing that. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen G Roy
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reposition legs at all?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
She comes with a chair in her ass?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jonahmaul wrote:
She comes with a chair in her ass?!

Yeah, she was seated on a stool:

I did not reposition her legs, I just stood her up after I carved out the stool (eeewwwwwwww! gulp)

Interesting: I used Google Images and input Horrorclix Fat Chick as the search terms and my version was in the first few mages!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen G Roy
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So after carving the stool out of her bottom, you stood her up?

The miniature is called Big Bertha (for Rookie and Experienced) and Big Big Bertha for Veteran. She was in the Freakshow expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Rivet
United States
Pine City
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Well "la de" freck'n Da!
badge
The "Dennis System".
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking of using star wars mini's for my survivors! and make up some special force powers such as, force push and force pull lightsabers blaster's, basic star wars stuff. Some more idea's would be acceptedlaugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.