Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Wong
Singapore
Singapore
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Right. This is probably the umpteen entry on the same topic. Then again, it's probably because it does get in the way of people coming together to play.

My love affair with board games started when I was about 7-8 when dad brought home a copy of Talisman (2nd ed. I still have it but thanks to a friend it has now all gone moldy but I don't have the heart to throw it out). That took a hiatus when I entered into my teens as RPG seem to be a better option (imagination cost nothing but a board game ran for about $30-50 and I was a poor poor teen).

Uni saw a resurgence in the time spent playing board games. That would be largely due to an increase in the number of games being released and more importantly, having a core group of people who played (thanks Criticalmass!). Now almost a decade after graduating, I find myself working long hours and the desire to play board games fade somewhat. I would settle for the easy and quick gaming fix through iOS or the console.

Thankfully with a change in my job, I find myself with a little bit more of time and started once again to descend into the wonderful fold of board gaming. But this gets somewhat a little scary as while I do from time to time keep track of the latest releases, I am still overwhelmed by the changes that has occurred in the board gaming community. I sometimes wished work never got in the way. Then again, where would I find the money to buy all the games I want? What an ironic world we live in!

Oh well. Time to get back into the game (no pun intended) and now I really wished I was back in Brisbane with the people at Criticalmass and gaming under the old roof of the church at Indooroopilly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.