Luca Colaneri
Italy
Torino
Torino
flag msg tools
www.balenaludens.it
badge
Visit us! http://www.balenaludens.it Reviews, articles, GAMES!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, I have a problem...
The contacts counters for Silent War are really worn, after a single incomplete campaign.
I fear the same will happen with Steel Wolves, I see that the counters seem similar in quality.
Anyone with similar problems on Steel Wolves counters? Mine are bleached.

I know, I can use Vassal to resolve engagements, but I prefer using the counters...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brien Miller
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Contact sales@compassgames.com to see if they have any replacement sheets for sale. That being said, when they ran Steel Wolves, they used a better coating process on the counters to help mitigate this issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Colaneri
Italy
Torino
Torino
flag msg tools
www.balenaludens.it
badge
Visit us! http://www.balenaludens.it Reviews, articles, GAMES!
mbmbmbmbmb
Brien J Miller wrote:
That being said, when they ran Steel Wolves, they used a better coating process on the counters to help mitigate this issue.

This is what I needed to know, I was worried about SW.

If someone has problems with SW counters please let me know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Fox
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
Fear cannot be banished, but it can be calm and without panic; it can be mitigated by reason and evaluation.
badge
A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals, and you know it.
mbmbmbmbmb
For anyone coming across this thread ...

I've played through Silent War fully 3 times, and failed the first tonnage check enough that I've probably played about 5 complete games.

The ship chits have help up pretty well (The pale yellow color hides scuffs well). I think my discipline in always drawing from every cup has helped keep the wear relatively even. I cannot think of one chit where the backside obviously gives away which ship it is.

The TDC counters are a mess. Luckily, there's no reason to place them face down, they go straight from the cup to face-up next to a target. So while they are very worn, it has no effect on gameplay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abe Delnore
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe you are supposed to place TDC chits face-down so that you can't use your knowledge of what TDC chits have been drawn to guide your decision where to place each chit. But I guess you could just make irrevocable decisions about placement before drawing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Fox
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
Fear cannot be banished, but it can be calm and without panic; it can be mitigated by reason and evaluation.
badge
A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals, and you know it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Abe Delnore wrote:
*snip* But I guess you could just make irrevocable decisions about placement before drawing.

Which is what I do. I just pick who's getting targeted and draw left to right, top to bottom.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.