Subject: Disappearing Thread? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Stahler Jr.
United States
Wheelock
Vermont
flag msg tools
Check out Truesight and other award-winning fiction at davidstahlerjr.com!
mbmbmbmbmb
There was a thread discussing how the game could threaten or conflict with Christian belief, specifically addressing Tom Vasel's discomfort with the game in this context. It no longer seems to exist. Was it intentionally removed? If so, by whom and why?

I don't have a strong feeling about the actual topic either way, but I'm curious about where it went.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
It got moved to the Religion Sex and Politics forum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Stahler Jr.
United States
Wheelock
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Funny. Never realized there was such a forum! I thought those kinds of forums were more for general discussions of religion, politics, etc.. Seems like a discussion, even concerning religion, in the context of a specific game should belong in the game's forum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Wheelockian wrote:
Funny. Never realized there was such a forum! I thought those kinds of forums were more for general discussions of religion, politics, etc.. Seems like a discussion, even concerning religion, in the context of a specific game should belong in the game's forum.

Not once it becomes such that the topics start to deal less with the game and more with the dogma.

If topics become potentially offensive to casual visitors of the site, it gets offloaded to RSP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Stahler Jr.
United States
Wheelock
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got it! It was getting a bit off the tracks.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:
Wheelockian wrote:

Not once it becomes such that the topics start to deal less with the game and more with the dogma.

If topics become potentially offensive to casual visitors of the site, it gets offloaded to RSP.

Unless it's about homosexuals and then they just tend to hide it from everyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.