Subject: looking for a certain type of game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
kevin cowie
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
okay im looking for a game that has the following kind of things :

small teams or singular miniatures
customization of teams or single miniture (equipment and load outs ect. )
easy to pick up rules nothing to deep like warhammer inqisitor
deathmatch or objective based gameplay (more like a video game match set up )

dont care about theme or anything just post up anything that comes to mind and i will have a look .

thanks in advance guys .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Putrino
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are many sets to both of these games. But they are all not needed to have a good time.

-Heroscape Master Set: Rise of the Valkyrie
-Dungeon Command: Sting of Lolth

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Nushmut
msg tools
Claustrophobia is not a perfect fit, but I thought it was close enough to be worth a glance.

- It's fought with small numbers of miniatures
- It's relatively light
- It's played in objective-based scenarios (though not too much like a video game)
- The human side can be customized with different ratios of warriors and different abilities/equipment freely if you play with the official auction variant in the rulebook. The demons, however, are not really customizable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve McClure
United States
Fowler
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Song of Blades and Heroes Seems to fit the bill. If you follow up on the Ganesha games website, there are a number of games that have adapted the ruleset to a variety of settings.

My favorite is Songs of Our Ancestors. This is world war I like skirmish game set on a colorful world populated by pudgy ant eater type beings. The Miniatures are fantastic, and the game is fast and fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Pocket Battles series. Plays like Magic (pre-building, etc) only without the CCG aspect

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/10242513#10242513
Quote:
All the pocket battles games are basically the same - so you can mix and match opponents from different packs.

You have a number of troop pieces, advncing and fighting in a fairly abstract left flank / centre / right flank manner. In a combat, each troop card has a number of dice symbols on it (e.g. a card might show a 5 and a 6). You roll a number of dice (normally 1, but this can be varied depending on charges etc. Each dice that comes up with a number showing on the troop card does one hit to the enemy. Most cards can take 1 hit, some can take 2.

The strategic bit is that each turn you will have so many order counters to play with. Ordering a unit more than once in a phase will take geometrically more order tokens.....and, any unit that gets wounded costs you a unit token: the order token is flipped to the wound side and placed on the unit. You've lost it until that unit is wiped out.

Pocket Battles are fun little games to pass 20-30 minutes. Don't expect Romans to play dramatically different from Orcs, or Persians. I wouldn't spend an evening playing game after game, but as a filler it does exactly what it says on the tin - gives you a neat little battle with strategic and tactical decisions that you can play in a short timeframe, and that is easily portable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.