Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Eclipse» Forums » Rules

Subject: Plasma missiles in a hex with both ancients and players rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mattias B
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

My buddies and I had a "situation" today. I was attacking a hex with an ancient and my buddies' (Draco) cruisers. My plasma missiles knocked him off the hex.

Do I still get to fire my missiles once more, at the ancients? That is, are the ancient battle and the player battle considered separate battles? And if so, do i carry the damage with me until the end of the combat phase?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Kamber
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sylvestris wrote:
Hi!

My buddies and I had a "situation" today. I was attacking a hex with an ancient and my buddies' (Draco) cruisers. My plasma missiles knocked him off the hex.

Do I still get to fire my missiles once more, at the ancients? That is, are the ancient battle and the player battle considered separate battles? And if so, do i carry the damage with me until the end of the combat phase?


From the top of my head: Yes and yes.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Motz
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I am positive that you carry damage until the combat phase is over, then it's all healed (unless you have the special new tech).

I am less sure about the missiles, but I believe you get another shot with them.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris cymru
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
In this situation how many times do you draw reputation tiles? Twice? One for each battle?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ChrisCymru wrote:
In this situation how many times do you draw reputation tiles? Twice? One for each battle?
Once per hex, at the end of the Combat Phase.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Shimmin
New Zealand
Auckland
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Dulkal wrote:
sylvestris wrote:
Hi!

My buddies and I had a "situation" today. I was attacking a hex with an ancient and my buddies' (Draco) cruisers. My plasma missiles knocked him off the hex.

Do I still get to fire my missiles once more, at the ancients? That is, are the ancient battle and the player battle considered separate battles? And if so, do i carry the damage with me until the end of the combat phase?


From the top of my head: Yes and yes.


I looked this up because your answer seemed logical (reloading missiles takes less time than repair) but I thought I remembered the actual rule being counter intuitive. Happily your answer seems to be supported in the rules. From page 18:

Quote:
In the Combat Phase, battles are resolved.

Quote:
If the hex contains more than two players' Ships, battles between players are resolved two players at a time, in reverse order of entry into the hex.


So the combat phase contains multiple battles and multiple players in a hex counts as multiple battles. Then from page 20

Quote:
Every battle begins with Ships firing their Missiles (if any) once...


which suggests that missiles are fired once per battle, potentially multiple times per phase. Page 21 states that repair happens at the end of the combat phase, so damage would carry over between battles in the combat phase:

Quote:
REPAIR DAMAGE At the end of the Combat Phase, all the Damage Cubes are removed from the Ships.


So this seems pretty much like common sense. Unless of course it has been overridden by an official response somewhere... whistle
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.