Rami S
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In preparation for my next game tonight, I have some questions:

1) We apply the hit after the artillery fires (both attacker & defender) but before ground troops attack, right? at least this make sens to me.

2) Can I disband units that are out of supply? because this way I will reduce my surrendering units to 0 and won't give my opponent extra resources.

3) Production phase, is Moscow considered a national capital? i.e. the Soviet player get to place 2 units in Leningrad, Stalingrad and Moscow?

4) Half hits, if a unit with 7 or 5 strength get a only one hit, does it carry over to the next round of fight? I rotate it half way?

5) Do players do production simultaneously? or Germany does it production then moves, etc. and the Russia do the same? I think it's the later.

6) What is the Finnish infantry bonus when attacking forest and swamp hexes?

Thanks,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuele Santandrea
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
I love it when a plan comes together!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hallo Rami,

so which scenario this time?
My answers:

1.Not sure I really understand this. Can you please clarify?

2. Bad boy... No... this is a bonus on which the game has been developed... it has been clarified in the incoming Rulebook.

3. YES. Moscow has a BIG RED DOT. YES, 2 each in Moscow, Leningrad and Stalingrad

4.YES of course. Just position a die close to the unit or totate it half way (45°)

5. No. German Turn (including production), then Soviet turn (including production).

6. A BONUS cancels a MALUS.
In this specific case, while usually the attacker is halved when attacking in forest/swamp hexes, Finnish troops are not when they attack in a forest/swamp hex inside the Finnish Attack Zone (FAZ).
If defending in such hexes (swamp/forest inside the FAZ), they get an additional BONUS: they hit on a roll of 5 and 6.

Almost sure you will get the Soviets...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rami S
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shakar wrote:
1) We apply the hit after the artillery fires (both attacker & defender) but before ground troops attack, right? at least this make sens to me.

Let's extend the question to the last 2 items in a combat sequence, is the following correct:

Artillery Fire
Attacker artillery fires.
Apply hits immediately.
Defender artillery fires.
Apply hits immediately.
Each artillery that have fired is reduced by 1 step.

Ground Combat
Defender ground units fires.
Apply hits immediately.
Attacker ground units fires.
Apply hits immediately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuele Santandrea
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
YES, it's 99% correct.

Just 1 thing: every artillery is reduced immediately after it have fired.

EXAMPLE: the 4step attacker artillery fires, and then it gets immediately reduced, BEFORE the defender artillery returns fire.

Also remember that artillery and aircrafts (in specific situations) have the option to target a specific enemy unit... usually the enemy artillery ... laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rami S
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Emanuele for your answers; You were right, I ended up playing the Soviet we played the Leningrad 4 turn scenario. We got more questions .

1) Stack Limit, can we have 2 HQ with 2 Combat units?

2) An embattled HQ, can absorb hits like any other ground units

3) When doing SRM, can you deploy unit further in the front, like in the example below?

4) In a fight where only air units remain on 1 side and ground on the other, and none of the side wants to retreat, the fight continue on, right?

5) If ground units enter a hex only occupied by air units, the fighters automatically take off and have to fight 1 round of combat before retreating, while bomber are either destroyed or they surrender.

6) Blitz can only be used if the terrain require 1 MP move.

7) Moving a unit to a plain hex behind a river, requires 2 MP, right?

Ciao
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuele Santandrea
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hallo Rami,

if I remember well you are the guy who brought me to find ouy a factory in Essen, the last day of our journey.

So: back to your questions, they are VERY INTRIGUING.

1. NO. 3 GROUND units max.

2. YES, it is a ground (SUPPORT) unit. It is not a ground COMBAT UNIT.

3. Depends. In the basic game you cannot, but if you use the advanced game, it is suggested to use the RIVER-NO-ZOC-RULE. Enemy ZOC does not project itself on the other side of an unfrozen river.

4.YES

5. NO. AIR EVACUATION. Ait units immediately loose 1 step and evacuates to another friendly airbase, if any.

6. YES

7. NO. Why do you ask for?
It's a rule was taken in some consideration, but discarded during ALPHA testing last year.

8. Did you win? laugh

Any problem, just ask.

ALL THE BEST
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rami S
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, I'm the one who showed where the booth for spiel material was. I hope it was helpful.

As Soviet I got slaughtered, but the German were unable to hold Leningrad.

I still have some more questions

ULTIMO wrote:
5. NO. AIR EVACUATION. Ait units immediately loose 1 step and evacuates to another friendly airbase, if any.

If not are they destroyed or do they surrender?

ULTIMO wrote:
7. NO. Why do you ask for?
It's a rule was taken in some consideration, but discarded during ALPHA testing last year.

Let's assume the weather is sunny, crossing a river requires 1 MP, moving into a clear requires 1 MP, so moving into a clear hex across a river require 2 MP. Now if that was a forest with the same weather conditions, it would require 3 MP; if not how should we do the math?

8) Blitz, do we do all the blitz movement and then battle? or 1 blitz then fight, and so on.

9) We were unable to find the Short Barbarossa Victory Point Table, is it the same table as the long scenarios?

10) Once a fortress is reduce to a bunker, can it be rebuild?

Thanks,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuele Santandrea
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rami,

you have been very kind that time.
What about to come to Italy in January? We are organizing something special...

About the game:

Destroyed.

Crossing a river does not cost any MP... now I know what you mean. Corrected.

8. Clarified:
9.0 The blitz phase
Blitzing is the best way to pursue and
knock out units that survived and successfully
escaped from the first attack.
Soviet tanks/Armor HQs and German
Armors (Tanks, tankettes and Armor HQ)
may spend 1 additional MP to move
in and attack an adjacent hex. Tech Level 2
Air and Artillery units involved in the original
combat may follow armor units in this pursuit,
if the attacker desires.
Only Armor units that have attacked in the
combat phase may benefit from this special
action.
The attacker may perform the eligible BLITZ
movement and combat in the order he desires.
Blitz attack are resolved as a normal
attack, except that the non-phasing player
cannot react with air units.
Blitz phase is not allowed in bad
wea-ther conditions (as no hex costs
1MP!)

9. Pag 22
VICTORY POINTS TABLE
0-3 Soviet Decisive Victory
4-6 Soviet Marginal Victory
7 Tie (No Winner)
8-18 Axis Marginal Victory
18+ Axis Decisive Victory

10.Not yet... you have to wait for BITW...

January 25-27, BOLOGNA
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuele Santandrea
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rami, about Leningrad:

in 2 years of gaming, try to guess how many time it has fallen in 1941...

When you have time, it would be great to know more about your last match.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rami S
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sadly going to Italy is easier said then done.

My guess for Leningrad is less then 5 times it has fallen.
When we played last week, we messed up some rules (ZOC, deployment), which allowed the German to just walk into Leningrad on turn 3, but the turn after they were completely cut off, so they had to surrendered.

I still have more questions

In regards of fighter, in the rulebook it said that they can immediately take-off if a ground unit(s) enter their hex, if it after they receive a hit or the hit is only for the bomber?

In the new BO that you upload, did this unit move to Aug 44 or it's kaput?

Would it be possible to have a higher resolution file for the BO? it would make it easier to read on my poor eyes.

Ciao

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuele Santandrea
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My friend,

any desires of yours is welcome.

About the Fighter unit: yes, it has been renamend and moved to turn 60 (Aug 44).

I will send you by email a high res image for the new setup. You will see the new graphic improvement that makes easier to read what is written on the counters.

But keep in mind that we are working hard to provide you ALL (first hours fans) with a BIG surprise.
I will announce in the next days, before the week ends. It's a promise.

About Italy: please start seriously thinking at it.
January 25-27 will be a BIG EVENT, with more a hundred players coming from the whole world. It's something you and your group could very interested in.
Partecipation fees include HOTEL 4 STARS with BEAUTY CENTER and BABY SITTING and hours of fun. Details will follow soon, but I'm working to keep the fees VERY CHEAP.

About Leningrad... you won!
It happened only twice:

the first time, I have sent ALL my armors over there and played a secret operation
Spoiler (click to reveal)
(AIRBORNE ASSAULT over VOLKHOV)...

The second time the Soviet player was cooking in another room...

About non-phasing fighters/bombers: they immediately evacuate to a friendly airbase (if any in range) if a ground enemy unit enters the airbase hex where they are stationed.
They also get a penalty-hit.

About fighters attacked on ground in their airbase by enemy planes: they immediately take off and fight. Bombers are forced on ground for the first round only. After, they can take off.

Jan, Marco and are working on the New RuleManual 2.0 which will be ready soon, by the end of November.

I know that the actual Rule Manual is not perfect (which one is?) and we are working to improve it at maximum level.

Any question, just ask.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rami S
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the answers, I have sent you an email to info@ventonuovo.net.

Ciao

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.