Subject: Vegas Showdown re-print - component quality rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wade Ashton
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've heard the first print of vegas showdown had components that, while acceptable, left something to be desired (a bit flimsy).

Are the components identical in the re-print, or is the most notable difference the box art?

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeke
United States
Bloomington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have not seen it, but the report on The Dice Tower was that the reprinted Vegas Showdown components were exactly the same as the originals.

A real missed opportunity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Holder
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HighVolumeLP wrote:
I've heard the first print of vegas showdown had components that, while acceptable, left something to be desired (a bit flimsy).

Are the components identical in the re-print, or is the most notable difference the box art?

Thanks in advance.

Please see this thread in the Vegas Showdown forums, which says:
Quote:

For those that would like to know if the components of the new addition are better then the previous. Here are the answers to the two problems I know of:

1) The player boards have been upgraded to something akin to poster board material. It is not a nice thick piece of cardboard however it is a lot better then glossy paper.

2) The mislabeled Sports Book premier tile is now labeled correctly as being in the "A" stack.

Another thread indicates the cards are slightly higher quality in the new edition. As far as I can tell, everything else is the same barring art.

A recent picture:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved to Vegas Showdown: General

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade Ashton
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info. Quite a shame - seems this title deserves more love.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Holder
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the original edition, and seriously, everything is fine. I originally beefed about the player boards, but they are great, they've held up fine. my worry was for nothing.

This is an excellent game, whichever edition you get, you will enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tina McDuffie
United States
Goose Creek
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Visit TheGlassMeeple.com for game reviews and run-throughs by me.
badge
She who laughs... lasts!
mbmbmbmbmb
peapicker wrote:
I have the original edition, and seriously, everything is fine. I originally beefed about the player boards, but they are great, they've held up fine. my worry was for nothing.

This is an excellent game, whichever edition you get, you will enjoy!

I agree that the glossy paperish player mats don't appear to be very durable, but actually are quite durable. My only gripe with them is that it's hard to get them to lay totally flat. They always bump up at the crease. It always bugs me for the first few minutes of the game, then once the game gets going I hardly notice it. The game is that good!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.