United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As some of you know by now, one of our ideas for an expansion is to create overlays for the playing board which mimic real cities.

This expansion idea is just one of many and we will have to weigh-out which ones actually happen in the end and in what order, etc.

With this in mind, this is all being done just for fun at this point, but on the other hand, the feedback offered here in this thread could very well play a role in deciding which cities are ultimately picked!

Here is a few Cities we were thinking could be good (in no particular order):

New York
Copenhagen
Detroit
Berlin
LA
London
Essen
Chicago
Paris
Tokyo

Ssssooooo...

The question is, what cities do YOU want to see offered?

Feel free to weigh-in with a single city, or a top 10 list, or whatever you want!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Cheektowaga
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Miami Vice!!!!

But need more pastel colors on the officers. Get George working on a Cuban homicide detective (like my favorites from the First 48)!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Box of Delights
United Kingdom
Neston
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
Visit me at www.boxofdelights.net
mbmbmbmbmb
Being an Englishman, I have to say ........ Paris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Cheektowaga
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ricky2002 wrote:

But, But, But they have Guns??? Being a dumb american do street cops have guns in civilized European countries?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Box of Delights
United Kingdom
Neston
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
Visit me at www.boxofdelights.net
mbmbmbmbmb
lordunborn wrote:
ricky2002 wrote:

But, But, But they have Guns??? Being a dumb american do street cops have guns in civilized European countries?

some do.. some don't... but I like Paris... Paris has fabulous landmarks and fascinating streets and romantics names... and I recommend Engrenages (Spiral in English version) on DVD... great drama... watched it post-Wire/Sopranos/Killing withdrawal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Leonard
United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
New York City!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Pontiff
United States
Houma
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
New Orleans of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Tanner
United States
Binghamton
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Binghamton. Yes, Binghamton, NY.

There were two shootings in a span of two weeks, a murder-suicide a few days ago, and someone is always being arrested for narcotics possession. I think it would be perfect. . .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ruescher
United States
West Milford
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
San Francisco CA.

The game needs hills.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Racer
United States
Urbandale
Iowa
flag msg tools
Specialized Extracurricular Execution Squad
badge
We are living our lives... Abound with so much information... Come on, let go of the remote,
mbmbmbmbmb
While all of these sound interesting, I am hoping that any expansion would be more than just a re-skin of the map. If going with a location idea, what I'd like to see is have the location come with cases that were specific to the region as well as potentially add some additional game mechanics (such as not being able to use weapons). Because of this, I would prefer if the city chosen was outside the U.S., which is where I assume the base game takes place.

If you'd like a specific recommendation, I'd be partial to seeing the Shibuya district of Tokyo (second vote for lots of neon). You could potentially have Yakuza (as well as typical street toughs) and pachinko parlors. I'm sure there is all sorts of unsavory things going on there (people being people and all). I can't recall if Japanese police are armed (I'm thinking not). That in itself could potentially lead to some interesting situations. Martial arts training anyone?

Another option would be to potentially look at it from the other side ... GTA the board game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DeAnn Leonard
United States
Massillon
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
New York City and Massillon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Racer
United States
Urbandale
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
We are living our lives... Abound with so much information... Come on, let go of the remote,
mbmbmbmbmb
Or how about an earlier time period like the 1930's or 1940's? Some along the lines of L.A. Noire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bancroft
United States
Elk Grove
California
flag msg tools
badge
Durp
mbmbmbmbmb
Tokyo!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Cheektowaga
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eracer68 wrote:
Or how about an earlier time period like the 1930's or 1940's? Some along the lines of L.A. Noire.

1980's Art Deco Miami
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All great ideas!

Thanks for all the input.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Racer
United States
Urbandale
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lordunborn wrote:
eracer68 wrote:

1980's Art Deco Miami
laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
7 of 8
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Washington DC and some big time interaction with Federal Agencies such as the C.I.A., F.B.I., ATF, Secret Service, Homeland Security and more.

Wouldn't mind seeing the city the Wire took place in, Baltimore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Great Dalmuti
Germany
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i would like to see "toto und harry" in bochum, germany...
(insider for germans )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chicago would be awesome. You have Lake Michigan as the eastern boarder, Lake Shore Drive, Navy Pier, as well as Aldler Planetarium, Shedd Aquarium, Field Museum and Soldier Field all real close to each other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hahma wrote:
Chicago would be awesome. You have Lake Michigan as the eastern boarder, Lake Shore Drive, Navy Pier, as well as Aldler Planetarium, Shedd Aquarium, Field Museum and Soldier Field all real close to each other.

Lincoln Park, Wrigleyville, toss in a little of the old Cabrini-Green!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hawkins
United Kingdom
Willingham
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ricky2002 wrote:
lordunborn wrote:
ricky2002 wrote:

some do.. some don't... but I like Paris... Paris has fabulous landmarks and fascinating streets and romantics names... and I recommend Engrenages (Spiral in English version) on DVD... great drama... watched it post-Wire/Sopranos/Killing withdrawal.

As a general rule British cops don't have guns, many of the continental police forces do.

I second Paris as a backdrop and can also recommend the Engrenages series.

Also note that most European cities are not laid out on a grid system like many US ones. This is not to say that European cities were not planned, much of central Paris was designed to give the best possible fields of fire for artillery when dealing with difficult riots. Makes the typical cop-gang shootout seem a bit tame
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Cheektowaga
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NickH wrote:
This is not to say that European cities were not planned, much of central Paris was designed to give the best possible fields of fire for artillery when dealing with difficult riots. Makes the typical cop-gang shootout seem a bit tame

Holy crap you guys use artillery for riots over in Europe?? Kind of makes the gun control argument over here a moot point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Speckhart
United States
Quincy
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Goodbye Mr. Burton
mbmbmbmbmb

Breckenridge CO - Ski Patrol!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maXReno wrote:

Breckenridge CO - Ski Patrol!

I want to bust punks on Peak 8!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eracer68 wrote:
If you'd like a specific recommendation, I'd be partial to seeing the Shibuya district of Tokyo (second vote for lots of neon). You could potentially have Yakuza (as well as typical street toughs) and pachinko parlors. I'm sure there is all sorts of unsavory things going on there (people being people and all). I can't recall if Japanese police are armed (I'm thinking not). That in itself could potentially lead to some interesting situations. Martial arts training anyone?

Another option would be to potentially look at it from the other side ... GTA the board game.

Our police are armed. Thankfully, the rest of us are not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.