Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Rimmer
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How would it play solo?

Is it worth buying if you know it would only get played solo?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Ozimek
Denmark
Aalborg
flag msg tools
badge
Must resist M:tG. Boardgames are my methadone :)
mbmbmbmbmb
The hidden information adds a lot of tension, so I don't think it would make much sense.

But then, I don't play games solo at all...

Note that there are other options like playing it over VASSAL.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dallas Tucker
Indonesia
Jakarta
flag msg tools
designer
(This space intentionally left blank.)
badge
What is the good life?
mbmbmbmbmb
No, I don't think that it would be good solo. NT is great 2 player, and my favorite team board game, but I think that soloing this would be like soling Poker. I have read that BaM has some soloability, so you might want to look into that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Herbie Nichols Project - Dr. Cyclops' Dream
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whoshim wrote:
I have read that BaM has some soloability, so you might want to look into that.

Correct - there are solitaire rules for BaM on the Simmons Games website, see here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rimmer
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone. Shame I absolutely love the look of the game. Looks exactly how a Napoleonic wargame should look..if you get my meaning..

If I had endless money I'd buy it just to look at..and then try and entice my 11 year old daughter to have ago..yeah right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
Germany
Würzburg
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Wodin wrote:
If I had endless money I'd buy it just to look at..and then try and entice my 11 year old daughter to have ago..yeah right.

Do it, it's worth forcing girls to play it, though you will propably smash them any single time (but I think a dad can teach his daugther differently than a boy can teach his girlfriend ). However, I can just agree to the others. This is a game where solo playing does not make any sense. The game is living from his hidden information and builds up on this game mechanic. It's not getting much plays lately but I enjoy every single time regardless of the outcome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Herbie Nichols Project - Dr. Cyclops' Dream
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wodin wrote:
Thanks everyone. Shame I absolutely love the look of the game. Looks exactly how a Napoleonic wargame should look..if you get my meaning..

The 2nd edition of Bonaparte at Marengo, with solo rules, may be exactly what you're looking for. Hang in there; I still have faith that it will hit the shelves one of these days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kåre Dyvik
Norway
Stavanger
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wodin wrote:

Go ahead! A friend of mine played with his 5-year old daughter:
Napoleon, played by a soon to be 5-year old girl, smashes the Allied forces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
Germany
Würzburg
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Sphere wrote:
The 2nd edition of Bonaparte at Marengo, with solo rules, may be exactly what you're looking for. Hang in there; I still have faith that it will hit the shelves one of these days.

Thats what I am desperatly waiting for. zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Smith
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree this is not solitaire material, but I actually have enjoyed a few play throughs solo just trying out different strategies, or just to refresh the rules after I hadn't played for a while. The game is so beautiful and epic that I enjoy the experience, though obviously its not the same as an actual game.

By the way, I made a DIY BaM a few years ago after it sold out. The map and rules are online, and it's fairly easy to make the pieces from craft sticks. And yes, I will be buying an official copy when it becomes available again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.