Subject: Jungle Speed Black & Silver? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Other Tom
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.asmodee.com/ressources/articles/november-2012-new...

Anyone know about these or have any information? I'm hoping it is some sort of expansion, but my best guess is simply just another variation in the Jungle Speed Family.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I have no idea what it is, but assuming it has new pics, I will be buying it.

My fear is that it's simply a deluxe version of basic JS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Gervais
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These are now available at CoolStuff Inc.

Each one is forty cards, so I think you would need both of them to make a full set. It's hard to tell for sure, but I think the cards are round.

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/184917

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/184918

They also say the cards are weather-proof, so I'm guessing they are plastic, like in UNO H2O Splash.

I hope that helps, and if someone knows more.

Please let us know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Exciting! I wonder if these will be available in the UK soon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan M
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Should these be a new entry on BGG? Or is it just a different version?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Looks completely different to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mandy Benanav
United States
San Rafael
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played this last night. So the cards are round, and the symbols are different, but it's the same game. I believe the 3 player "if all cards match in color, it's an all grab" rule is now ALWAYS in effect but I'm not sure.

The big difference is you can get both sets and play with both sets of cards and TWO totems. It's INSANE. Possibly too insane. Even for Jungle Speed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Lam
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't say if this is good or bad though

I picked up both dark and silver today and will try it out this weekend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mandy Benanav
United States
San Rafael
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have Jungle Speed, it's probably not worth getting unless your game has already played the shit out of it and really needs some variants such as the two totem thing. Otherwise I wouldn't bother. The shiny silver cards are really hard on the eyes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
Australia
Perth
WA
flag msg tools
I received my Dark & Silver games last week and think there is definitely enough variety to justify the purchase. I really like the double totem way of playing. Some of the designs are quite deceptive too which is always fun. The components are inexpensive and the thread from the keyring has already snapped off in one of the totems, but this is not a huge deal. I'm not sure I would buy just one of them. If you are going to buy, get both.

Yes the silver can be a bit hard on the eyes but I think this can also add to the complexity and variety of the game which is fine by me. My daughter has taken them to school today for her first lunch time game so will be interested to hear how it goes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Narek Der-Sahakian
United States
Montrose
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
can someone describe the double totem variant please? I've never seen these new sets and that sounds interesting
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with others, if you want it, get both decks. I took it to a hike today and it was a big hit. Here's what truly makes it differ:

1. Slightly more portable.
2. More robust cards--they're waterproof
3. Completely different symbols than the regular game. Some are so similar it's awesomely cruel.
4. Two totem varient is insanity.

narek23 wrote:
can someone describe the double totem variant please? I've never seen these new sets and that sounds interesting

Dark and silver are the same decks, just different background colors. If the symbols and the bg colors match, you grab the totem of that color. If the symbols match but the background colors are different, you instead call out "Totem"! Just adds to the confusion, confusion being the thing that makes this game great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ender Wiggins
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheesechick wrote:
The big difference is you can get both sets and play with both sets of cards and TWO totems. It's INSANE. Possibly too insane. Even for Jungle Speed.

Here's the official description of the two totem variant:

Has anyone tried playing this way, and if so how did you find it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mandy Benanav
United States
San Rafael
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EndersGame wrote:
Cheesechick wrote:

Here's the official description of the two totem variant:

Has anyone tried playing this way, and if so how did you find it?

I've played it this way. Our group didn't care for it. It's sort of just too much, even in a game that's all about Too Much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ender Wiggins
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
killjoy00 wrote:
Should these be a new entry on BGG? Or is it just a different version?

Given that it has slightly different rules and possibilities, it does have its own entry in the BGG database here:

Jungle Speed: Silver

Here's the packaging for Jungle Speed Silver:

And here's the packaging for Jungle Speed Dark:

The cards from Silver are indeed quite shiny under the wrong lighting conditions, whereas the cards from Black have a plain black background:

The cards are round, waterproof, extremely durable, and fit on a carbiner which is included, and to which the plastic totem can be attached:

Here's an example of some of the patterns:

Each set comes with 40 cards, and Silver and Dark can be combined to make an 80 card game that is similar to the original Jungle Speed, but has a slightly different distribution of cards, and the minor rule variations below.

The rules include as standard the Monochrome event ("if all cards match in color, it's an all grab"), and an optional two totem variant for those prepared to bring Jungle Speed to new heights of insanity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafael Curumim
msg tools
I'de like to know from who purshased both games, silver & dark, if the silver card that is showed in this photo really exists

because there's a photo of all the silver cards of the blue color and it's not there... anyone can answer me?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rafael Chagas Vicent wrote:
I'de like to know from who purshased both games, silver & dark, if the silver card that is showed in this photo really exists

because there's a photo of all the silver cards of the blue color and it's not there... anyone can answer me?

Just checked my set and it's in there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafael Curumim
msg tools
Thank you, but a don't understand why it is not on the picture with all the silver forms. Does it means that there are more than 12 forms on the silver deck? Or are there any forms that you don't have in all the 3 colors?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.