BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » United States » Southeast

Subject: Gamers in Chapel Hill / Carrboro, NC? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
William Miao
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
I've been gaming with a friend for a couple years now, but I have a bunch of games that are just asking for more players

Puerto Rico
Agricola
Through the Ages
Core Worlds
Eclipse
Caylus

My friend owns Ticket to Ride Europe, Power Grid, and Carcassonne as well.

Also got some 2p fare:
Twilight Struggle
Innovation

If you are a gamer in the area and want to play, let me know!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Bennett
United States
Rougemont
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Play. Always.
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings! I'm in Rougemont (I know, I know.."where?") but I work in Durham and the game store I frequent is there (Atomic Empire formally Sci-fi Genre). They have a board game night, but I don't usually go to it.

However, Saturdays I am almost always there as I run the Netrunner league we've got going (which, if you play, you should join [and which, if you don't play, you should start playing and then join!]). Sometimes we hit up a boardgame instead of Netrunner after players leave.

So, it's hit or miss, but we're out there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Smith
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, you might also try http://boardgamegeek.com/guild/website/43 in Burlington... about a 20-30 minute drive from Chapel Hill/Carrboro. there is a thriving board game goup that meets every Tuesday. I am in Hillsborough and am mostly a wargamer (not big into the Euros) but I rarely turn down a game.
Scott
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don D.
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tons of great gamers in the triangle. Google triangle strategy game meetup .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Rivet
United States
Pine City
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Well "la de" freck'n Da!
badge
The "Dennis System".
mbmbmbmbmb
Used to live in chapel hill! great town.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff H
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
U.S. 95th Infantry Division - The Iron Men of Metz
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I'm in Durham. You can see most of my collection online, but my favorite games are Dungeon Twister, Memoir '44, and Titan. I'm interesting in starting casual, regular Dungeon Twister sessions at Atomic empire, but need to find the time to do so.

Geoff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Norwood
United States
Graham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Come visit me at GamerChris.com for all sorts of chewy, gamery goodness!
mbmbmbmbmb
As Scott said above, we have a group over in Burlington that plays from about 5 until midnight or so every Tuesday evening. We've been going for almost 6 years now, but it's totally open to anyone who wants to come. We play all sorts of things, probably leaning a little towards the euro side, but lately swinging a little the other way (towards more wargamey and American style games) as well.

And in addition to the guild, you can also check out my blog to see what we're up to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Hensler
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
I'm in Fayetteville, NC and really like Gamer's Armory in Cary and the aforementioned Atomic Empire (when did the name change from Sci-Fi Genre? I had no idea!). I usually head up the road to play at those stores once a month or so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron McClung
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
There are several gaming cons in the Carolinas that you might want to check out ...

http://www.justusproductions.com/

http://www.s-c-a-r-a-b.com/

Just to name a couple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Lynn Dunston
msg tools
All Fun & Games in Cary has board game night on Thursdays from 5 - 11. (Disclaimer: I work there.) It's a bit of a hike from Chapel Hill but we certainly have folks who do it. We're not too far off I-40 if you take the Airport Blvd. exit. All the games you mentioned get play regularly on Thursdays and there's a really nice group of guys who bring in tons of games from their personal collections and love to teach & explain.

Last night we had games going of Libertalia, Cuba, and King of Tokyo with 4 - 5 people per table, plus a raucous group of my friends playing Cards Against Humanity (while I pretended not to know them).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.