Yuliyan Kalaydzhiev
Germany
München
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys,

a quick question for the knowledgeable! I have a guy here offering me the base game + expansion BUT he say the pieces from the base game that are made obsolute (or exchanged or something of the sort) by the expansion are missing. How bad is that? It probably means you can't play the base game only and can play it only together together with Brood War. Am I correct? Are there any other implications of this missing of the pieces?

Thanks a lot for your replies in advance! Happy gaming!
Yulian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Arnold
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are no "obsolete" pieces in the game. If you throw Brood Wars in every time you play, you do replace a couple base pieces. If you want to play just the base game, you kinda need 'em all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Nors Jensen
Denmark
Kokkedal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some of the cards are replaced, I would not play the base game alone anyway.

You can find the list in the rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott M.
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree no piece is obsoloete.

You getting a discount for the base game being incomplete?

IF not , renegotiate...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yuliyan Kalaydzhiev
Germany
München
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies! I stand corrected - it was "parts of the game" and not necessarily units or the sort! So it is as I understood it - you can only play the base plus expansion game, but not the base alone. But it does not limit the game in any way when you play it with the expansion? So these "parts" are the faction sheets and the building tokens, did I read the manual correctly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.