Popular Tags: [View All]
The Fiend
United States
Avon Lake
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was VERY disappointed that the Brockenbar was left out of this expansion. Would it have killed them to make cards for this monster after charging $20? Anyone hear anything on this?
I'm going to make my own cards in the meantime.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Flaherty
United States
Loves Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This was discussed in this thread:
no special powers for the Brockenbar Bear ?
as speculation before the release.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Thompson
United States
Marion
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Make your own deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As said in another post...this promo card was only from ONE of the distributors of the game. Why would IELLO promote a monster they never created/distributed?

Taking into account what you get, indeed the price of the expansion is high, though
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wikiro Trio
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I pre-ordered for 13 bucks I feel that's more than fair.

-LMK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Hood
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadges by request, geekmail me for details!
mb
Jimzik wrote:
I was VERY disappointed that the Brockenbar was left out of this expansion. Would it have killed them to make cards for this monster after charging $20? Anyone hear anything on this?

You seem to think $20 is already high, including more cards might push the price even higher, and for the vast majority of customers they're just not relevant since a tiny minority own the promo character.

There's nothing to stop you house ruling using one of the other monster's power up cards with the Brockenbar, since the character avatars are essentially interchangeable, or maybe they'll release them as a promo or a print and play version if there is enough demand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheFlatline wrote:
Jimzik wrote:

You already get a new character, so I find it all a wash.

And it's a bear, too. When I introduced this to friends, I used the Pandakai cards with the Brockenbar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike B
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, just use the Pandakai cards. None of the people I play with want to play with that stupid panda anyway. It's a pity they couldn't come up with another cool monster. (I personally don't care for the Heidelbear either b.t.w., it's one of those promos I can do without)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Turner
United States
Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes where is Rhodan or King Ghidorah or GAMERA!!!???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Mölleken
Germany
45147 Essen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You'll just have to wait a bit. As already pointed out the Brockenbär wasn't created by Iello. It was created by the German publisher Heidelberger Spieleverlag.

I asked them about Evolution Cards for the Brockenbär and they said that they have already designed them. So I guess that they will be relased as a promo as soon as the German version of Power Up! makes it to the stores.

So there will definitely be Evolution Cards for the Brockenbär. What I can't tell you is whether there will be an English version of the cards or not...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rivera
United States
Union City
California
flag msg tools
Kaermo wrote:
You'll just have to wait a bit. As already pointed out the Brockenbär wasn't created by Iello. It was created by the German publisher Heidelberger Spieleverlag.

I asked them about Evolution Cards for the Brockenbär and they said that they have already designed them. So I guess that they will be relased as a promo as soon as the German version of Power Up! makes it to the stores.

So there will definitely be Evolution Cards for the Brockenbär. What I can't tell you is whether there will be an English version of the cards or not...

Soooooo....about that....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.