Matt
United States
Shrewsbury
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone,

I have a question about the laser hazard encounter card. Typically when you run into a laser hazard (not the encounter card), you can deplete your laser supply by one if you fail the check to keep moving. Is it possible to do that when you run into this card?

Matt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Alves
Portugal
Setubal
Setubal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe that encounter card is to say that you have crossed an laser hazard space. You must make a check if you succed or fail as you do with laser hazards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Shrewsbury
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BGFreakDag2PT wrote:
Maybe that encounter card is to say that you have crossed an laser hazard space. You must make a check if you succed or fail as you do with laser hazards

Thank you for your thoughts Carlos,

Yes I agree with your thinking. This is just a way for the encounter deck to spit out a random laser check BUT if you look at the wording, it specifically states that if you fail the check, your movement ends. In the rulebook when it talks about laser hazards, it says that if you fail the check you can spend a laser point to keep moving. The way the rules read, when it is an encounter laser hazard, you can't use a laser point. BUT I think it is a mistake. Hmmmmmm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Summerer
United States
Hamden
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Check out my audiobooks!
badge
Will talk for food!
mbmbmbmbmb
As it was explained to me, the laser encounter card is indeed harsher than the standard hazard. If you fail, you have to stop. No chance to pay a point to continue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Shrewsbury
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Eric! I was hoping you'd stop in here That makes sense and I'll treat it as such. Have you tried the solo game again? I must have played 10 times and still haven't. I think I'm going to come up with my own challenges that aren't as hard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.