Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex N
United States
Metuchen
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I have two copies of Memoir '44 and looking forward towards the grand experience of 8 players. I fully understand the value of Memoir '44: Operation Overlord (2008) and what comes in the box thanks to the excellent video produced by Tom Vasal.

But what about this particular Memoir '44: Overlord (2004) edition? What came in that box? Are the scenarios different from "Operation Overlord"? Or was this expansion rendered obsolete when the enhanced version came 4 years later?

Which direction should I go with my two copies of Memoir '44?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Youri Janse
Netherlands
Barendrecht
Zuid Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
This supplement of Memoir '44 offers experienced players the unique opportunity to replay historical WWII battles on a grand scale, with up to four players to a side.

This style of play, called Memoir '44 Overlord, combines multiple board maps into a single, oversized battlefield. To play it requires this free downloadable game supplement, and at least two copies of the game.

With Memoir '44 Overlord, players can experience the frustrations associated with being part of a military-style WWII chain of command and, at the same time, enjoy the challenges of coordination and cooperation needed to gain victory.

From the description... Bold emphazise is mine.

So just a downloadable free pdf that required you to have 2 boxes of memoir 44, this is not something that was sold.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Click
United States
Bristol
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The 2004 version is a free PDF download from the Days of Wonder website. It was never a commercial release.

It is still a valid version of Overlord.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Click
United States
Bristol
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OH, there are four overlord scenarios that you can get from their website which can be played with two sets. See the bottom of this geeklist item for a list of Overlord scenarios.

Item for Geeklist "Memoir '44 expansions and scenarios"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clexton27
United States
Forest
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sayburr wrote:
OH, there are four overlord scenarios that you can get from their website which can be played with two sets. See the bottom of this geeklist item for a list of Overlord scenarios.

That's funny, I count 12 Overlord Battles that you can download for free! However, some require Winter or Dessert Terrain or Jungle Terrain.

http://www.daysofwonder.com/memoir44/en/content/scenarioapp/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Click
United States
Bristol
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mzungu wrote:
Sayburr wrote:

That's funny, I count 12 Overlord Battles that you can download for free! However, some require Winter or Dessert Terrain or Jungle Terrain.

http://www.daysofwonder.com/memoir44/en/content/scenarioapp/

You are correct, I forgot you can download some of the scenarios from the battle maps. But, there are only four that can be played with only two copies of the base game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.