A boy named Sioux
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
Meow.
mbmbmbmbmb
Having finally bought enough sleeves for all the hoards of cards, they all fit except for the swamp orc cards. For some reason, my swamp orc cards are too big and they bend in the sleeves. It isn't an issue with the sleeves as I tried swapping them out. I tried more than 10 different Swamp Orc cards and aggrevatingly, no luck with getting them to fit the 57.5mm x 89mm sleeves that work for all the other cards in the Master Set and all the expansions (excluding the reinforcements -- I don't have those... yet.)

Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions on what to do?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Gee
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While there may be some variation in the size of your Swamp Orc cards, there may also be some variation in the size of your sleeves. I would recommend going through your already sleeved cards and checking for some sleeves that fit more loosely than others. Then try those sleeves on the Swamp Orc cards. I would also try all of the Swamp Orc cards, not just 10, as there may be some variation in them and some may fit your remaining sleeves.

If that doesn't work you'll need to buy more sleeves, perhaps a different brand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Siouxfire wrote:
Any suggestions on what to do?

First of all don't panic! There are sleeves 60x92 size so you can use these. 2,5mm wider isn't such a big deal!

Another more risky option which i used for my copy of Day & Night was to slightly trim the cards so they fit into the sleeves! I used a circular cutter to trim them and a corner rounder to round the corners.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A boy named Sioux
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
Meow.
mbmbmbmbmb
downstream wrote:
While there may be some variation in the size of your Swamp Orc cards, there may also be some variation in the size of your sleeves. I would recommend going through your already sleeved cards and checking for some sleeves that fit more loosely than others. Then try those sleeves on the Swamp Orc cards. I would also try all of the Swamp Orc cards, not just 10, as there may be some variation in them and some may fit your remaining sleeves.

If that doesn't work you'll need to buy more sleeves, perhaps a different brand.

All my other cards fit perfectly without problem and that's every faction that is out aside from the problematic Swamp Orcs. Putting any of these cards alongside the Swamp Orcs, I can see that they are around 1-2mm larger width ways. Also, putting all the Swamp Orc cards on a flat surface, I can see no variation in the sizes. It's really aggravating.

GeoMan wrote:
First of all don't panic! There are sleeves 60x92 size so you can use these. 2,5mm wider isn't such a big deal!

Another more risky option which i used for my copy of Day & Night was to slightly trim the cards so they fir into sleeves! I used a circular cutter to trim them and a corner rounder to round the corners.

Thanks. I think I'll have to go for the larger sleeve size. Cutting just sounds TOO SCARY.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.