Subject: Wolf of the Week #168- Meet RedShark92 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
surfin' kitty
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Our next wolf of the week is someone I think we've all had a chance to play with, and I know I'm happy to see his name when I sign up for a game. He's a good player, and comes up with great plays, and deserves some recognition, doncha think?
Let's all welcome RedShark with hearty congratulations!

Joe Reil
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

RedShark92 wrote:
I am 38 years old. I grew up in a small town in Central Vermont and still live not far from there. I'm kind of a home-body and have never actually been more than an hour's drive from the town I grew up in for more than a week at a time.

I am married (as of August 2004) and we have one child and an assortment of animals (cats, dog and lizard).

Tabletop gaming is (of course) one of my major hobbies. I always enjoyed games and it was HeroQuest in the early 90s which was my gateway into being a real "gamer" and since then I've played many different types, boardgames, wargames, RPGs, miniatures, CCGs, etc.

I got interested in Werewolf in particular because I was a big fan of the Battlestar Galactica boardgame and was looking for other games with a traitor element.

I love Space Opera of all kinds and the best SF TV show ever made is Babylon 5.

I love all kinds of music. My favorite band is U2, but there are tons of others that I appreciate across almost every possible genre and style. I play guitar (electric and acoustic) and sort of play bass guitar. I do have a group of people I play with sporadically and we play gigs now and again.

Poll
Two truths and one lie; which one is the lie?
I am the first person to earn the title of "Holder of the Black Rose" - an honor bestowed at Origins by WizKids games for the game Mage Knight. I am the only person who ever will hold that title as they ceased those events after the first.
I accused someone of "WIFOM" in a live game of Resistance: Avalon and everybody playing thought it was awesome when I explained what it was.
I have a set of SCA-style Samurai Armor that I had custom made when I was playing Legend of the Five Rings regularly. I used to wear it while running L5R tournaments.
      19 answers
Poll created by Apple Snapple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Original Thumb #50
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
What is the origin of RedShark92?

2 Tooths and a Pie?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Original Thumb #50
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Poll
Should I tell how to make a poll?
Yes
No
      9 answers
Poll created by ohgrande

It's just that easy! (click on the green checkmark when you edit your post)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
Congrats! What sort of lizard?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Reil
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Apple!

I'm not sure I deserve it after my performance in a few games this week, but I'll try to do better in the future!

ohgrande wrote:
What is the origin of RedShark92?

My first handle on America OnLine was RT Shark, short for Red-Tailed Shark, which is a tropical fish popular for home aquariums:

I used to keep a tank and always loved these guys. RT Shark eventually just got changed to RedShark and 92 was the year I graduated from High School.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Reil
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ChickenSedan wrote:

A Leopard Gecko:

I had an Iguana a long time ago, but they are far too difficult to care for if you want to do it right. The Gecko is much more manageable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Reil
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
linguistfromhell wrote:
Do you have any goals for Werewolf? Something you'd like to do as a player? Or maybe you'd like to moderate something specific?

I'd like to not suck for a week or two. whistle

More seriously I have a bunch of ideas for cool themes to apply to games, but I haven't yet taken the time to sit down and figure out how to make them work.

One of these would be a Star Trek style landing mission where several of the crew get infected by something and the rest need to figure out who they are before the ship is lost. The big hang-up here is that I'd like everybody to have a special power based on their character. For example, whoever the "Science Officer" is would be known to all players (but not whether they were infected or not, of course) and would have a power they could use at some point.

I have a few others too, that I can share later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
RedShark92 wrote:
ChickenSedan wrote:

A Leopard Gecko:

I had an Iguana a long time ago, but they are far too difficult to care for if you want to do it right. The Gecko is much more manageable.

My wife's iguana just passed away a few months ago. She had her for i think 8 years.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Reil
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ChickenSedan wrote:
RedShark92 wrote:
[q="ChickenSedan"]Congrats! What sort of lizard?
My wife's iguana just passed away a few months ago. She had her for i think 8 years.

Very sad. Mine was about that old when he died.

I think this guy is about 8 or 9. We've had him for about 3 years. He formerly belonged to the person who drums in the band I play with - who is still in High School - he's a good kid but had started to move on to other interests.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ms Aura

California
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CONGRATS SHARK. I remember yous!

whistle

robot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Epic.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
........Question?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
a valiant, pungent reindeer king
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
Garfield
badge
Never trust a smiling Garfield!
mbmbmbmbmb
redshark! Congrats. It's always fun playing with you.

Hm. Questions, questions... I'll get back to you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Reil
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sigafoos wrote:
redshark! Congrats. It's always fun playing with you.

Hm. Questions, questions... I'll get back to you.

I'm not speaking to you right now.

(But thanks! whistle)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Reil
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And I guess I need to do some research on this epic question thing. I see it came up in Apple's thread, as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Reil
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
linguistfromhell wrote:
RedShark92 wrote:
And I guess I need to do some research on this epic question thing. I see it came up in Apple's thread, as well.

It comes up in everyone's WotW thread. Well, or it has been since Guen started asking it. He hasn't gone back and asked it of any old WotWs that I know of.

You did see "The Epic Question Thread", didn't you?

I found it, but thanks! This requires some thought.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats Redshark!!

I always somehow come to trust you, even when you are dripping evil.

So.. what's been your favorite play you've made? Don't be shy. Time to boast!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Reil
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gotta think about that one, too. Give me some time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Q. Dangerpants, esq
United States
Westford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats, Sharky!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shark, how do you get Fedora to trust you, regardless of role?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mandiekinz
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
Professor Xavier convinced Katniss to leave her home at 221B Baker Street. She jumped into the Impala shouting, "Allons-y!" .....
badge
.... to take The Ring down the yellow brick road, all through the black of the 'verse, to Narnia, to shine like a star, while saving the Enterprise from the Six-fingered Slytherin Sith.
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations to my favorite crimson aquatic creature! kiss
I still love the little top hat on your shark. It just... makes the picture.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Reil
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dbmurph22 wrote:
Shark, how do you get Fedora to trust you, regardless of role?

I'm really not sure, I think it might be a hat thing.

He is, of course, That Fedora Guy, and I have several Trilbys, which are similar to Fedoras - the crowns are very similar (and you will sometimes see Trilbys called Fedoras) but the Trilby has a narrower brim that turns up at the back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
surfin' kitty
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations, Red!

My favorite moment of yours was in TX v6.1. I know several people were not as impressed with your play as I was.

What are your feelings on that game, now that the dust has sufficiently settled? I thought it was brilliant (the claim, that is).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Reil
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Apple Snapple wrote:
Congratulations, Red!

My favorite moment of yours was in TX v6.1. I know several people were not as impressed with your play as I was.

What are your feelings on that game, now that the dust has sufficiently settled? I thought it was brilliant (the claim, that is).

Was that the infamous trick Sig and I played with the Mason/Seer combination?

That is one of my favorite moments, actually. I get why people don’t like codes so I can see how the way we ended up doing it was perhaps not the best choice.

HOWEVER, while we may have broken the letter of the rules I don’t think we broke the spirit of them and we had so much time to come up with something that we easily could have done something that was much simpler with no practical difference that would have been true to both the letter and spirit of the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Reil
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
violintides wrote:
Congratulations to my favorite crimson aquatic creature! kiss
I still love the little top hat on your shark. It just... makes the picture.

Thanks!

That was all Apple's idea, she's the one who drew that for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.