Subject: Question about placing a tradesman on an activity card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Everything is relative to perception, and your perception is limited.
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
He simply can't place a meeple down there. So, he would have to immediately take it back. It is an illegal move, and instantly identifiable, so this really shouldn't be an issue, at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Grant
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To add, the actions are either immediate-use or delayed actions.

The immediate use are activated and resolved immediately.

The delayed actions are activated immediately and then cubes are left on the card. Future actions/resolutions use a cube.

As Ken said if these aren't done immediately the action simply can't be done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jānis Rudzītis
Latvia
Jūrmala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://boardgamegeek.com/article/10420989#10420989
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Larsen
United States
Salt Lake City
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"If you hire a tradesman, you are required to activate the card at least once".

I'm sorry, but when I read this rule, I see it as most definitely implied that the activation it speaks of must be immediate upon hiring a tradesman. I'd say if the rules allowed you to activate it later, it would definitely clarify that. And the rule for some sort of penalty--that which you seek and can not fine--would also be there.

I think you should accept that even though the line isn't written absolutely perfect, it's good enough to determine the rule based on other factors, i.e. no existing rules of a penalty for not later activating the card and why it would be mentioned with (even in the same sentence) the rules for hiring the tradesman.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Larsen
United States
Salt Lake City
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the rulebook, at the bottom of Page V, the last sentence of plain text:

"Once the tradesman is hired, the player must put together a group of dice to activate the Activity card."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I understand this thread correctly, someone believed that you were permitted to buy a tradesman as long as you activated the card at least once at some point during the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.