Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Lott
United States
Little Elm
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is RIDICULOUS! I have 2 Voritals and 2 Devoras. I am missing a Khazara ship and a Pi ship. How exactly does this happen? Really irritated right now...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Nicewander
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wizkids REALLY needs to get a different company to produce their games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Lott
United States
Little Elm
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And now I go and navigate their stupid replacement click-and-select process on their website and the Romulan expansion isn't even listed yet. Really? You can't just have me email someone like any other freaking game company? If you're going to make it complicated, at least make it functional.

Joy.

Soo... I guess I'm screwed. At least until they update their website.

Suffice to say, I'm pissed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand your frustration, and it certainly is disappointing that Wizkids doesn't have this product on their replacement site yet. On the bright side, in the meantime you can play the game as long as you have the correct ship cards. We use paper clips on the ship cards to indicate which dial setting the ship is at anyway (the fonts on the dials are small and nearly unreadable, and the dials are finicky in general), so only the name of the ship would matter to us - and I'm sure you can put a token or something on a ship with the wrong name for play purposes until Wizkids can replace your missing ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric B.
United States
East Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have my game handy, but are the missing ships their "sister ship" with the same sculpt? I assume they are, since I don't see how they could fit the wrong ship into the ship wells.

If this is the case, agree with the above that you can just use the cards for stat-tracking (we do this anyways) and can repaint the correct name onto the ship's base [I had to do this when my Prometheus was labelled as Equinox in base set].

It's obviously an annoying error that shouldn't be happening, but hopefully you can still play and enjoy the game in the meantime.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Lott
United States
Little Elm
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RogueThirteen wrote:
I don't have my game handy, but are the missing ships their "sister ship" with the same sculpt? I assume they are, since I don't see how they could fit the wrong ship into the ship wells.

If this is the case, agree with the above that you can just use the cards for stat-tracking (we do this anyways) and can repaint the correct name onto the ship's base [I had to do this when my Prometheus was labelled as Equinox in base set].

It's obviously an annoying error that shouldn't be happening, but hopefully you can still play and enjoy the game in the meantime.

I'm not sure. The small one was broken, so maybe they forced it in?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Gauthier
United States
Monticello
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel your pain. I never bothered with the company, so I still play with the mislabeled small Klingon ship from the original box that has a tape with its correct name now on its correct dial noted as "Qhondoq." I call it The Corndog, and its become one of my favorites: the little ship that could!

My game will be here in a couple of hours, and I'll see how I make out...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Lott
United States
Little Elm
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out this lame a$$ response. My subsequent response was, shall we say, less than enthusiastic.

Greg,

Sorry to hear about your troubles with our game. The most efficient recourse available is for you to return it to the retailer for an exchange. In case that's not an option, the Romulan expansion will be added to our replacement system within 2 weeks, and you'd then be able to request the missing ships.

Any questions, please let me know

Thanks!

Leo S.

--
Leo Saraceni
Wizkids Product Replacement

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Lott
United States
Little Elm
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Update for those who care.

WizKids customer service still sucks, but where they dropped the ball, the best FLGS on the planet (Madness Games and Comics) has picked up the ball. They offered to give me an exchange.

Kudos to Madness Games! And be warned if you buy WizKids product anywhere but through them, because you'll have to go through hoops to get anything fixed through WizKids.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Patterson
United States
Longview
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love Madness games. Let me know if you ever want to play...I'm in Plano!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bwian, just
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ferris1971 wrote:
Check out this lame a$$ response. My subsequent response was, shall we say, less than enthusiastic.

Greg,

Sorry to hear about your troubles with our game. The most efficient recourse available is for you to return it to the retailer for an exchange. In case that's not an option, the Romulan expansion will be added to our replacement system within 2 weeks, and you'd then be able to request the missing ships.

Thanks!

Leo S.

--
Leo Saraceni

I checked out the response, and I guess I'm not sure what you were expecting. The most efficient recourse is always going to be an exchange at an FLGS; my old FLGS certainly had people come in for spare parts. Then they have to spend the time waiting for replacement parts to ship, instead of you, but that's part of the business model.

They should have had this game in their parts database when they released it, certainly. But if you'd sent in for replacement pieces from WK the day you bought the game, they wouldn't be in your hands already, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Lott
United States
Little Elm
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bwian wrote:
ferris1971 wrote:

Greg,

Thanks!

Leo S.

--
Leo Saraceni

I checked out the response, and I guess I'm not sure what you were expecting. The most efficient recourse is always going to be an exchange at an FLGS; my old FLGS certainly had people come in for spare parts. Then they have to spend the time waiting for replacement parts to ship, instead of you, but that's part of the business model.

They should have had this game in their parts database when they released it, certainly. But if you'd sent in for replacement pieces from WK the day you bought the game, they wouldn't be in your hands already, right?

Well, maybe I've been spoiled by all the fantastic publishers out there. Got a missing part with a Z-Man game? A quick email will get it in the mail to you. FFG? Ditto. Yeah... pretty much every serious distributor out there sees product replacement as a BASIC responsibility to their company. It's an industry standard. I've NEVER had a company suggest that I get replacement with my FLGS.

So... I guess the real moral of the story is, don't expect so much from WizKids. They are not meeting the bar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.