Popular Tags: [View All]
Gabriel Kitterman
United States
Silverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks really interesting. Real time games feel like fresh territory.

I’ve enjoyed Space Alert and I’m waiting to get Escape: Curse of the Temple. The only other competitive real time game I can think of is the card game “Speed”.

I like how the game is paused for the attack action. That seems like a good way to handle the direct conflict. Getting the balance right between speed skill and tactical skill seems like it would be key. You wouldn’t want the games to be decided by the player who is able to pull disks faster. You would want it to go to the player who is able to think under pressure and make good choices.

I’ll definitely keep an eye on this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christiaan Ribbens
Netherlands
Moordrecht
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Hey Gabriel, good to hear you think this is a really cool game!

We worked hard and tested the game a lot to make sure that the balance between speed and strategy is just right. Getting a disk faster doesn't decide which player wins. We had players going for speed only. And they were defeated really fast because they made poor choices in many cases.

The only time when drawing a coin faster determines the success of the player is when both player are trying to get an attack coin at the same time. But this is in some way the fun/chaos part of the game. This keeps it interesting and different every time. And also when you are way behind you can still win the game by playing fast and with the right tactics.

You can manage and see your chances when you look at your discard pile and the other player's discard pile. Because then you know how much chance there is to get a certain coin.

I hope this answers some of your questions and we still need a long way to make this game a reality, so all the help and donations are welcome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Kitterman
United States
Silverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I did notice in the video when you were both drawing quickly, trying to get an attack first. Seems like that is a fun way to resolve the conflict.

I've spent my gaming budget currently but after X-Mass, I might have to support this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.