Subject: Assassination & English Catholic Rebellion, Key & Unrest rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sang-Beom Han
South Korea
Seongnam-si
Gyeonggi-do
flag msg tools
1.If Spain do "Assassination", Spain cannot do "English Catholic Rebellion" in this turn.

correct? In other words, "Assassination" and "English Catholic Rebellion" share usage count?

2.If a major power's all Square control marker is on the map (but some space is Unrest... So that power is not match "Military Victory"), and that power gains political control of a key space, How should he do?

*.Sorry. one error. "all" square control marker is on the map

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mb
1. Yes, they share usage count, and also they share counter. When you use one of those two actions, you put your spanish "assesination attempt" counter on the next turn of the turn track

2. Good question. My opinion is that you can´t gain political control of the new space since you have no square control markers available, but not really sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Maginity
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Regarding keys in unrest, I'd say follow an approach similar to the one described for activated major powers in item 2 under Additional Considerations on page 12 of the Scenario Book: use hexagonal control markers if you have to until things get back to normal. I would also say as soon as you have a number of keys out of unrest that fulfill the automatic victory condition you've won regardless of how many other keys you control that are in unrest or the order in which you took control of the keys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rubin
United States
Trenton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
"It may be doubted whether so small a number of men ever employed so short a space of time with greater or more lasting effects upon the history of the world.” — Sir George Otto Trevelyan on the Battles of Trenton and Princeton
mbmbmbmbmb
Use Square markers, but place Unrest markers on the board and on the Power Card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Maginity
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dave, the question was what to do if you take a key after you've already run out of square markers, and the game hasn't already ended because one or more of the keys you control are in unrest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Maginity
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a general point, it doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense to besiege and assault additional keys when it would take far fewer CP and a lot less time to remove the unrest from the keys you already control. Did this situation arise in an actual game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mb
mmaginity2 wrote:
As a general point, it doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense to besiege and assault additional keys when it would take far fewer CP and a lot less time to remove the unrest from the keys you already control. Did this situation arise in an actual game?

It can arise. Maybe you are out of cards to remove unrest, but someone else resolves diplomatic status...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sang-Beom Han
South Korea
Seongnam-si
Gyeonggi-do
flag msg tools
mmaginity2 wrote:

Another Case : If enemy siege my Unrest fortified Space(and that space not exist my land unit), I cannot remove unrest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Forster
United States
Pleasant Prairie
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Hey! Institute THIS!
mbmbmbmbmb
In this situation I would just use a hexagonal control marker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.