6 Posts

Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island» Forums » Rules

Subject: Tricky situation rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
angi s
Austria
flag msg tools
So I had my camp/shelter set up on a river tile. Everything was fine until one threat card I drew wanted me to flip over a river tile to the unexplored side... The only river tile was the one with my camp!
How would you handle this situation?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.J.E. Hendriks
Netherlands
Arnhem
Gelderland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Tricky indeed - you have the following options I guess:

1. You flip it over and move as soon as you can (not taking any resources that turn during the income phase (this is kind of what I apply in Scenario 2 with the crosses - the tile flips over but the cross token stays on it).

2. You ignore it as the tile with your camp doesn't count (what does the card say exactly?)

3. You flip the tile over and you are forced to move the camp (just like some of the forced move events - this means you lose half of your roof and palisade).

Thematically option 3 would probably be best but I might very well have gone for option 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Holzer
Austria
Innsbruck
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr Mjeh wrote:
Tricky indeed - you have the following options I guess:

1. You flip it over and move as soon as you can (not taking any resources that turn during the income phase (this is kind of what I apply in Scenario 2 with the crosses - the tile flips over but the cross token stays on it).

2. You ignore it as the tile with your camp doesn't count (what does the card say exactly?)

3. You flip the tile over and you are forced to move the camp (just like some of the forced move events - this means you lose half of your roof and palisade).

Thematically option 3 would probably be best but I might very well have gone for option 1.

..i would also go for option 3, though very disappointing.shake

...on the other hand..what happens if there is no other tile left...maybe the beach has already been flipped over...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Łukasz Piechaczek
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nupfi wrote:
So I had my camp/shelter set up on a river tile. Everything was fine until one threat card I drew wanted me to flip over a river tile to the unexplored side... The only river tile was the one with my camp!
How would you handle this situation?

Can you tell us the name of the card because I dont't think there is such effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
angi s
Austria
flag msg tools
I already shuffled everything in! Don't know if I can find it... Its the german version; maybe a unlucky translation?
Anyway; I decided to ignore the effect; didn't help me winning though! ^^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel Silingiewicz
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well - in polish rules there is statement under "Inaccessible Island tile" that says "if Your camp is on tile that needes to be flip out all player dies and You're loosing the game". Hard game, isn't it?

I didn't find that rule in english rulebook thought so maybe Ignacy can advice on this one ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.