Hide
6 Posts

DreadBall: The Futuristic Sports Game» Forums » General

Subject: Painting DreadBall's Slippery Joe rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Curis Orange
msg tools
"Paint it suave" came the instruction from Mantic games. "I do everything suave." I thought to myself, twirling my paintbrush with the sophistication you'd expect from a gentleman such as myself.

Slippery Joe's the Goblin MVP from DreadBall Season 1, and it fell to me to bring this Naismith sculpt to life. The brief was "suave" - how to execute this? Joe's defining feature - a fake moustache - is the key. This is a goblin aping an evil vaudevillian, so I should paint his DreadBall armour in a classy fashion - a mock dinner suit, like those comedy shirts you get.

My first attempt was a black suit with a white v-shape on the chest. I base-coated the model to see if it would work. Answer was no - the complexity of the model's chest meant the shape was lost. I added a red cummerbund to help break it up - but it wasn't obvious what was going on.

But take off the black jacket revealing the white shirt, and paint part of the DreadBall armour detail like a pinned rose and it comes together. Brief of "suave" executed.

We're going to be painting quite a lot of DreadBall for private clients at Golem Painting Studio. Get in touch if you fancy commissioning me to produce an exact copy of the MVP, or any of the of the DreadBall.

Chris "Curis" Webb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
蓝魔
United Kingdom
Bingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Haha very sophisticated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Keefe
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louis Brenton
United States
Brighton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm nearly ashamed to admit how much the presence of a character named "Slippery Joe" influenced my decision to buy Dreadball.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis Fernandez
Venezuela
Caracas
Miranda
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
#Feellikeasir

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Pranger
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Totally stealing the paint job.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.