Hide
7 Posts

Lifeboat» Forums » Rules

Subject: Trading cards question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
kotya kotya
msg tools
The rules say that all players can trade cards freely, and trading does not count as an action. Mugging counts as an action. The questions is: technically, how to differ card trading from mugging for a card?

Example:
It's First Mate's time to act. First Mate asks Kid to give him First Aid Kit. Kid gives it to First Mate. How can others understand whether it was a trading or mugging?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Donat
Germany
Aachen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
trading should include an exchange shouldn't it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kotya kotya
msg tools
I don't think so. The character may just take a card from its friend as a gift or a bribe. For me, it is also a trading, and it should not count as an action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiamat
United States
Plymouth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
I agree that a voluntary gift counts as "trading." The difference with mugging is that it does not involve a voluntary target.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Siadek
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Trading is voluntary if both parties agree to it.

A mugging is when somebody spends their action to demand a card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kotya kotya
msg tools
Yes, it's clear. But in case of mugging the victim may also "agree" with the mugger. So, player A may say, "Hey, Player B, give me your oar", and player B answers "Okay" and gives it. Then player A says, "Good, now I'm gonna row", and player C claims, "You can't, you've spent your action for mugging", but player A objects, "No, it wasn't mugging. It was trading". How to indicate whether a character trades with or mugs other character? That's a question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiamat
United States
Plymouth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
The mugger should be specific that he was using a mugging action. Otherwise, let the "victim" say whether it was a mugging.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.