Popular Tags: [View All]
Rich Chamberlain
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After reading how this game uses card sets for deck building I've realised that means any future articles about different deck builds will be a short list of around 10 card names.

Brilliant! No more long list of card titles to organise and find. Just have the sets grouped together and find 10 of them!

Now all I need is a Dominion type storage tray where the sets of 6 cards fit in slots and can be found easily...

(fat chance)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Kutscha
United States
Clifton Park
New York (NY)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a fantastic thought. Makes me even more excited about this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dicky P
United Kingdom
West
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
itchyrichy wrote:
After reading how this game uses card sets for deck building I've realised that means any future articles about different deck builds will be a short list of around 10 card names.

Very true, although the articles I am sure will be just as long as there will be no doubt the discussion of the interplay of the "supporting cast(cards)".

Quote:
Brilliant! No more long list of card titles to organise and find. Just have the sets grouped together and find 10 of them!

Now all I need is a Dominion type storage tray where the sets of 6 cards fit in slots and can be found easily...

(fat chance)

Yeh fat chance. Although if you are organised aren't all the objectives numbered so you can order them in number sequence. Stick the odd dividing card in (say every 10 objectives) and job done (ish).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Paulik
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Boom04 wrote:

Yeh fat chance. Although if you are organised aren't all the objectives numbered so you can order them in number sequence. Stick the odd dividing card in (say every 10 objectives) and job done (ish).

You can fit a stack of 6 cards in a binder page slot. So each slot can be one whole objective set, as long as you don't mind not being able to easily read every card as you flip through the binder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dicky P
United Kingdom
West
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JoshTheStampede wrote:
Boom04 wrote:

You can fit a stack of 6 cards in a binder page slot. So each slot can be one whole objective set, as long as you don't mind not being able to easily read every card as you flip through the binder.

That is a particularly good idea for this (but with possible added complication if you sleeve and the slots are not adequate size).

Anyone able to suggest suitable binder pages?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ultrapro 9 or 4 pocket should work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Paulik
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Boom04 wrote:
JoshTheStampede wrote:
Boom04 wrote:

That is a particularly good idea for this (but with possible added complication if you sleeve and the slots are not adequate size).

Anyone able to suggest suitable binder pages?

For older CCGs where the card pool was very large I would use loose 9 pocket pages in a standard 3-ring binder.

For Netrunner, where the card pool is likely to stay manageable for some years I use the UltraPro softcover binders with the pages bound in. Makes for an easier carry and the only downside is lack of expandability, but they're like 20 pages of double sided 9-pockets so that should last through several large expansions.

The slots are big enough to hold sleeved cards, but probably not "deep" enough to hold a stack of 6 sleeved cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dicky P
United Kingdom
West
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JoshTheStampede wrote:

The slots are big enough to hold sleeved cards, but probably not "deep" enough to hold a stack of 6 sleeved cards.

Ah well there goes that idea of "6 in a bed".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
itchyrichy wrote:

(fat chance)

this was my thought also. New to the LCG scene, so deck building is a pain. I kinda wish LoTR:LCG was like this.

Jorune

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K S
United States
Roseville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Having played this last night for the first time when my buddy brought it over and looked through building my own deck afterwards I have to admit I was floored and completely overjoyed with how easy and fast it is to build a deck.

I thought I'd be happy just having Netrunner (I flipping love Netrunner probably my fav game so far this year) but man, this has so many cool elements too it. I do see Empire being very powerful in the core set, but again only played one game, going to play much more Saturday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Paulik
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Boom04 wrote:
JoshTheStampede wrote:

Well you can fit 6 in a bed, just not 6 SLEEVED in a bed. So you can store your cards and sleeve them as you put them in decks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Bredfeldt
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
I haven't seen the cards in person, so I wonder how hard it will be to regroup the cards when you want to disassemble or modify your deck. I suppose it will mostly depend on how big and clear the set designation numbers are printed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dicky P
United Kingdom
West
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Boom04 wrote:
JoshTheStampede wrote:

Update:

Well I had to give it a try.

1. Cards sleeved with Mayday green sleeves (not the premium nor the penny ones, but the ones inbetween).
2. Ultra-Pro Platinum 9 pocket sleeves

With the above you can get 6 sleeved cards "snuggly" into one of the pockets.

This is be my storage system for this game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Festini
Germany
Markt Schwaben
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
itchyrichy wrote:

Actually, if you look at the rule book, each set has a number, so your entire deck boils down to a list of 10 numbers like 2,2,4,4,7,9,12,13,13,18. I guess it won't get any more compact than that.

Now if only there would be 6 pocket sheets...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.