16 Posts

Suburbia» Forums » General

Subject: Demand for EXPANSION!!!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Allen
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Will definitely look forward to any expansions for this game.

Enjoy playing this very much!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Lott
United States
Little Elm
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The games not even out yet, and you demand an expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Allen
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've played it and it's a great game therefore i would love to see an expansion. This game will be out earliest by end of the year as what i've heard

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
algoh wrote:
Will definitely look forward to any expansions for this game.

Enjoy playing this very much!!!

So funny, I was just logging on to start a thread asking about an expansion. I was going to see if any of playtesters or developers had some extra buildings they didn't include in the base game.

Some great ideas off the top of my head :
Police Station
Fire Station
Amusement Park
Bus/Train/Sub station

List can go on and on!

Thx
jonpfl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoshi
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There already is one expansion for the game; The Essen mini expansion with six additional tiles, two of each kind.

I am thinking that this game is extremely suitable for fan made expansions/tiles, make up your own tiles with bonuses and go crazy

....I am thinking maybe some kind of "tech progression" where you need a certain tile to be able to build another sort of tile, e.g. you need the Chip Factory to build A Computer Manufacturer (though it might not make perfect thematic sense since it is only a burrow).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan B.
Germany
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well.. this game is bound to have an expansion. Only if its sales will not meet expectations we won't get any. Just my thinking, as the tile-based setting is so easily exandable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Carpentieri
Italy
Ferrara
Ferrara
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
...and what about the hospital??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Allen
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
yes, there's so much room for the game to expand...

expand in terms of introducing certain sets of tiles used for a game

for example: Tiles set 1. Interactive .. then u get more tiles that u need to check on all other boroughs n such

there's a whole they can really work out to make more money out of us n of course at the same time we get more replayability ... win win situation

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
carpa1981 wrote:
...and what about the hospital??

Great idea

Start with a clinic and then a hospital

Maybe add a pharmacy which works off the health portion

Tons of possibilities
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Allen
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
after playing this makes me think that someone could come up with another game idea building in fantasy medieval
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Taylor
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
In Dale Yu's developer commentary, he mentioned that Ted had designed about 300~ tiles, which they selected a subset that worked well together and refined them to become the main game.

I expect that the remainder will be also combed through again and a new subset selected to be refined into an expansion or two.

I agree though, this sort of game would be nice to have lots of variety from game to game. I expect though that it would work best if you would select stacks and mix them together for a given game. You want the tiles in your game to have a certain amount of synergy and not just mix them all together into a megastack.

We'll see what he does. I think if Ted can be counted on anything, it's to make expansions. His Age of Steam maps should be testament to that.

Now if the boat with my copy of Suburbia would finally get here... Ted, tell them to row faster, we need that boat!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Taylor
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
algoh wrote:
after playing this makes me think that someone could come up with another game idea building in fantasy medieval

Can't tell if serious.

Pretty sure that's been done before. And if not, surely we can give the medieval era a break.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Stokes
England
Basingstoke
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have wondered how this game might work with a 4th stack?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lindyhopper wrote:
In Dale Yu's developer commentary, he mentioned that Ted had designed about 300~ tiles, which they selected a subset that worked well together and refined them to become the main game.

Can you provide a link?

Thx
jonpfl
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Taylor
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
jonpfl wrote:
lindyhopper wrote:

Can you provide a link?

Thx
jonpfl

Here's a teach-a-man-to-fish link: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=site%3Aboardgamegeek.com+dale+yu+suburb...

or you can use the less snarky link.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torque Mada
msg tools
What I'd like to see in an expansion are not only new tiles but:
- pollution management (industries, cars, airports and so forth yellow tiles would impact more than just income and reputation)
- crime management
- maybe transportation management : the closer the residential areas are from offices/industries, the less necessary the transportations (and the less pollution).
- politics : maybe through cards ? Something that would reflect the opinions and demands of the citizens : they ask for an airport, for less pollution, for the destruction of an installed tile.
- a system to link different players' cities : in real life, when cities grow too far, they end up touching each other.
- power/water supply : for a certain number of tiles, you'll need a certain number of powerplants...

And so on...

Actually, any idea from the latest iterations of Sim City may be suitable for Suburbia. I'm amazed how streamlined this game is and I think it is quite open to more complex gameplay without slowing down its pace (hum... too much...).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.