Dave, or "Phineas" or "Tolstoy" or,
United States
Mount Holly (Gastonia / Charlotte)
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Usually $79, according to camelcamelcamel.com.

Cheapest I saw on ebay today is $65.

Cheapest closed auctions on ebay that I saw was $50+.

So I guess $43 is a pretty good deal. It has been that cheap before, but not as often as it has been $79.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox/ref=cs_top_nav_gb27?tag=art...

The set comes with 15 discs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Reigns
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely not a board game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konata
United States
Highlands Ranch
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the deal, picked one up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Fenrick
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PhoenixPez wrote:
But with all the LotR products in our hobby, it's pretty clear there will be a ton of people interested in these movies(and generally hot deals). I'll be buying them!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Rasmussen
United States
San Antonio
TX
flag msg tools
Thank you Mario...
badge
But our princess is in another Overtext box
mbmbmbmbmb
PhoenixPez wrote:

Yeah, get ready for the hot deals section to blow up with random stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C. Rexford
United States
Bremerton
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Thufferin Thuccotash!! It'th Cold out Here!
mb
Wow, thanks for this. Nice One.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Slippage wrote:
PhoenixPez wrote:

...sigh...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Ortiz
United States
Clifton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Slippage wrote:
PhoenixPez wrote:

Oh no! Now I'll have to waste upwards of 20 seconds reading subject titles and clicking mark as read when I'm not interested! angry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A T
United States
California
flag msg tools
Thank you op. I cannot decide if I want this set or the individual movie sets. There are some used/new prices not fulfilled by Amazon at below $15. Does anyone know how good Amazon is about products that are not fulfilled by them? (Yea, I kind of preferred individual packaging then a box set like this).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Harrison
United States
Cherry Hill
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the tip. I was just looking at this set at the $100.00 mark. You saved me some cash better spent on boardgames...:)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Cox
United States
Sugar Land
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Is the gentleman with the BroStache invited to this party?
mbmbmbmbmb
PhoenixPez wrote:

This is the best reply yet...

GrndskprWilly wrote:
Thanks for the tip. I was just looking at this set at the $100.00 mark. You saved me some cash better spent on boardgames...

To the OP, this is most certainly a hot deal I'm interested in. Way more applicable to me than ANY of the numerous iOS "Hot Deals" that are posted every day.

I bought this set the day it came out, but I've already contacted a dozen friends who have snatched this up today. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Abdullah Ibrahim - African River
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tacoSEVEN wrote:
PhoenixPez wrote:
But with all the LotR products in our hobby, it's pretty clear there will be a ton of people interested in these movies(and generally hot deals). I'll be buying them!

Gamers all eat, too. Should we post ads for MacDonalds and Safeway? This is BoardGameGeek.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Abdullah Ibrahim - African River
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fuzzydice82 wrote:
To the OP, this is most certainly a hot deal I'm interested in. Way more applicable to me than ANY of the numerous iOS "Hot Deals" that are posted every day.

I'd say equally inapplicable. Post about iOS deals on VGG, and movie deals on a movie site (I'm sure there are lots of them).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Boat
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Im usually on the opposite side of Sphere on these issues, but i think i agree with him here. I dont mind the ios deals, especially if theyre based on board games, but the LOTR movies are a bit of a stretch.

Then again, im not sure if i care enough to fight it either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Cox
United States
Sugar Land
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Is the gentleman with the BroStache invited to this party?
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere wrote:
fuzzydice82 wrote:

I'd say equally inapplicable. Post about iOS deals on VGG, and movie deals on a movie site (I'm sure there are lots of them).

But it's good background ambiance for when you play your War of the Ring Collector's Edition

I agree that it probably shouldn't be here, and it doesn't even apply to me personally, because I already own these Blu-Rays, but I am glad I saw it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved to Chit Chat.

Hot deals is a folder in General Gaming, so it should only be gaming related items that are posted. This is a cool deal though so lets move it to Chit-Chat so folks can still see it but it's not in the wrong place.

As it's a compromise I suspect no-one will be happy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have this... buy it... you will not regret it, if you are a fan.

Set aside a weekend, stock up on food and beverages. Watch the whole thing with surround sound...You will not regret that either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
monkeyhandz wrote:
Moved to Chit Chat.

Hot deals is a folder in General Gaming, so it should only be gaming related items that are posted. This is a cool deal though so lets move it to Chit-Chat so folks can still see it but it's not in the wrong place.

As it's a compromise I suspect no-one will be happy.

I have seen Hot Deals posted earlier for Joss Whedon dvds, bookcases, coffee tables, titanium rings, camera cases, art supply storage boxes, shadow boxes, coupon codes, & phone/tablet apps, among others. Most folks seem to be happy to find out about them, even though most of what I listed would be stretched to fit any sort of "gaming related" definition.

I was not trying to offend anyone, though I succeeded in that, or at least in slightly annoying/irritating some. There have been many Gold Box Deals (for instance) that I could not see any connection to games, but I thought DVDs that so many games were based directly on would qualify as "related." But, I guess that could be easily crammed in along with novels, comics, etc, so I see the error there.

I think I can see the arguments for both sides. The only solution I suppose, would be Hot Deals are for games only. Not things to store games, nor play games on, nor items that can be modified to store games or use in games. But then, where's the fun in that?

Oh well. At least some appreciated the link.
I will try to be more selective next time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
No worries I appreciated the thought.

On a daily basis non-gaming items get posted so you will have seen some- however, these threads are likely to get moved or deleted - particularly if it they are brought to the admins attention.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.