Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Blanchett
United States
St Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trying to get some things over here on BGG. As this is my first game, I'm not classified a designer on this site. That's the first obstacle, but figuring out how to get things done, is the other. Everything is rather hit and miss...

All the good history and information is over on ConSimWorld:

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?7@@.1dd2d9d5/1201

Brief update here... the game is presently being playtested with a move into the art department early next year. No word as yet on who the artist will be. All pictures so far are of my art used to make physical playtest copies and a ZunTzu gamebox.

Please note that even though the game will have the physical size of say, Proud Monster Deluxe, it has quite a few smaller scenarios for quick play in less space.

Feel free to ask questions either here or on CSW.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Blanchett
United States
St Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To give you guys an idea of what this game looks like before final artwork...

Here's a couple pictures from some older (out-of-date) playtesting and, of course, the aggressors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Plymale
United States
Huddleston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Greg this looks awesome. Are those zip files on consimworld available anywhere or is that playtest files? Also any thought to doing the spring 1942 fighting, Operation Saturn or Little Saturn, the Back Hand Blow, Kursk since all those happened in the same area and on the northern maps?

Asking on both give more exposure to the answers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Blanchett
United States
St Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Keith, as posted on CSW those zip files are for playtesters... you'd have to ask Jeff if he can accommodate another tester.

As for the spring fighting, I've posted on CSW pictures of the Second Kharkov module/scenario that is made, but it has no definite place to be published yet. Operation Saturn/Little Saturn are partially covered already because the game ends on December 25. However, there are no separate Saturn scenarios, only one for Uranus. Fighting in 1943 would be covered with a slight modification and require another map to the west. I have an outline for an Operation Star module to cover Third Kharkov. Kursk would fall in between Fall Blau and the Taifun maps. This system has possibilities, but for now, baby steps and getting the first volume out the door. Hopefully, it is well received and all this other stuff can come to fruition...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Blanchett
United States
St Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a group testing this campaign scenario, so I decided to run through it myself for comparison...

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?14@@.1dd2d9d5/1265

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Blanchett
United States
St Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Learn the basics with the Introductory Scenario...

...before tackling the full campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Blanchett
United States
St Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Developer is happy with the new simplified support/supply system... yay.

We really could use more than just my solo efforts to run this through its paces. There were three volunteers to build a Vassal module along the way. One actually sent me a sample of work he had started, before moving on to another game. After I run through some more scenarios to check the details, I'm thinking I may need to spend the next few weeks learning to make a Vassal module. Maybe we will be able to find more active playtesters that way...

The ones that have been giving us AARs... are great... just could use more. soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan kilgore
United States
Unspecified
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
How much are playtesters charging these days Greg? whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Blanchett
United States
St Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
More than I can afford apparently... shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Blanchett
United States
St Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Starting the process of putting the game into files that Vassal can handle. Then, I get to research through the guide and find ways to make the module work. Finally, it will take the rest of the time to get those files into the module and get it ready to use...

People that make these modules have my respect. It was easier to design the game and do the original artwork...

blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Blanchett
United States
St Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
UPDATE -

For those of you who think the Germans are getting the short end of the stick having to worry about support and the Soviet can run willy-nilly around the map... I came up with an optional rule (It gives them a reason to use their HQ in a more historical manner, too).

As for the support/supply system, Jeff seems pretty happy with how it is right now... so as soon as I can finish this Vassal module, he'll probably make one last call for playtesters. Then we can get this puppy in the final stretch...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Blanchett
United States
St Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Module has been uploaded...

If you wanted to help playtest, but were just waiting for something your Mac could handle... let Jeff Boschmann (Developer) or I know and if accepted, we'll give you the link.

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?14@@.1dd2d9d5/1325

Thanks for the support!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.