Ivano Rosa
Italy
Ferentino
Frosinone
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
..what about to use the art from Niko's AlB?

about the map http://boardgamegeek.com/image/452296/crusade-and-revolution... i like it.

btw if you need a supervisor for the map/counters/cards/rules contact me meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Bernatz
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Negotiations are still on-going between Compass and Niko as to the full extent that Niko will work on CnR.

I'm not a huge fan of the map, as I think the colors need to be toned down some...but as long as the map is functional, that is my #1 key.

-K
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hawkeye
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not a big fan of the Blue, but the Pink is downright dreadful. I'm sure Niko will do a great job with the counters ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivano Rosa
Italy
Ferentino
Frosinone
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
kbernatz wrote:
Negotiations are still on-going between Compass and Niko as to the full extent that Niko will work on CnR.

I'm not a huge fan of the map, as I think the colors need to be toned down some...but as long as the map is functional, that is my #1 key.

-K

sure... the map must be functional and must be beautiful.. an equilibrium that requires very long work and many experimentations...

for PoG or BtB the maps are beautiful.. but imo due to the large numbers of countries involved, a "political" map instead a "geographical" map as base would be better... i don't know ... only speculation.

in this case there are only two "coutries" so i'm curious to see a geographical map as a base..

finally the right colors ...

Niko if you are here.. i want to see at least 100 prototypes zombie cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martí Cabré

Terrassa
Catalonia, Spain
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've taken a look at the map you've linked, from 2009, and I've seen all the cities in Catalonia written using the Spanish form.

The Spanish forms were used since 1714, when the Bourbon Monarchy severely repressed the Spanish Hapsburg territories. In 1931 the Bourbon king fled the country fearing a popular revolution and from 1932 the cities and towns in Catalonia were written again using the Catalan form.

So during the 1936-1939 these should be the names printed in the map. GMT's recent game about the SCW is correct in this aspect.

The Spanish forms of the names were again official from 1939 to 1977, during the Fascist Period.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar Oliver
Saint Lucia
Terrassa
Catalonia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed with Martí. The FWtBT (Europa) maps have both spells, the castillan one and the catalan/basque ones.

Using the Sagrada Familia for Barcelona don't seem a good choice. In 1936 it was not a symbol of the city, yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gómez Relloso
Spain
Dobro (Los Altos)
Burgos
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

Thanks for those comments, I think that Niko's artwork is going to be great, and I expect that most of you will like it. Personally I prefer blue and red for both sides, being the colors traditionally assigned to them.

Quote:
I've taken a look at the map you've linked, from 2009, and I've seen all the cities in Catalonia written using the Spanish form.

Martí and Óscar, I understand your comments, but from the beginning I decided to put just one name for the towns present on the map. Look, I am Basque, and my wife is Catalonian, so I perfectly know what are you talking about (the first thing she said when looking at the map for the first time was: "Vich!?".

I decided to put the names in its Spanish (Castilian) form, being the language common to all the Country's territory and the one that appeared in Spain's map around 1936. I know that the "official" name could be another one (by the way, this is something I doubt in most cases, at least in Basque Country, which I know better), but in the "official" maps and atlas of Spain used in 1936 they were written that way.

I expect that you won't feel offended by this decision. Perhaps another clarifiation will help: if Compass Games says that the names must appear in English (if there is a term; for example, "Saragossa" instead of "Zaragoza"), I will accept it, because the game will be published in English.

Teofilus wrote:
Using the Sagrada Familia for Barcelona don't seem a good choice. In 1936 it was not a symbol of the city, yet.

Interesting. Which place would you reccommend as the city's symbol in 1936?

Thanks!

David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gómez Relloso
Spain
Dobro (Los Altos)
Burgos
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Please no PoG style counters...

I forgot to answer to this thread's title... shake

Well, they are going to be PoG style counters indeed! Look, I like that style of counters: NATO symbols with clear and visible numbers and texts. In short, a clean and practical design.

I know -and love- Niko's designs for other games, where he has included images in the counters, but I think that those units fit better in tactical games, while I prefer NATO symbols for a strategical-operational game like C&R.

Anyway, I expect that you will like Niko's artwork, they are very nice counters, trust me!

David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.