Nick Hayes
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you haven't checked out Chunky Fighters recently, now is a great time to do so. I've been very busy lately! I designed and released two new expansions:

So now there are a total of 24 unique, playable fighters for you to build and fight in arena-style dicey combat!

I didn't stop there, though. I actually designed a third expansion while working on the other two. This one is called Chunky Fighters GX: Giga Chunky. It features four completely new fighters straight from the upcoming iOS version of Chunky Fighters! These fighters are unique to the iOS game, but soon as soon as it is released I will put up the files for you to build physical copies of these new brawlers.

And with that, I'll leave you with an image of every Chunky Fighter in existence, standing side by side, creating a line roughly four feet long.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Mercer
United Kingdom
Southampton
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Heya Nick,

Looks great man, I still want this to be picked up by a publisher! I noticed you were making expansions when it was linked to over at www.purplepawn.com recently.

Very impressed man

So yeah, I would love to see you either approach some more publishers, or register "chunky fighters .com" and sell some handmade copies

Good job my friend,

sam
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cogentesque wrote:
I noticed you were making expansions when it was linked to over at www.purplepawn.com recently.

Wow, I totally missed that one. That's awesome. The game is getting press outside of BGG! Thanks for the link.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sturv Tafvherd
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heya Nick!

I haven't followed your advances in Chunky-dom lately. The last time I played was last year, unfortunately. I didn't even know there's an iOs app now?!?

Anyway, your post comes at a rather interesting timing... I was about to brainstorm and post a comment on the "MOBA" thread here in the game design forum. I was thinking of using the Chunky Fighters as the "champions", and having some single-die minions running around with them.

Haven't hammered anything together yet, so I guess this is a good place to ask... Have you thought about adding that kind of gameplay?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stormtower wrote:
I was thinking of using the Chunky Fighters as the "champions", and having some single-die minions running around with them.

Haven't hammered anything together yet, so I guess this is a good place to ask... Have you thought about adding that kind of gameplay?

Yes. What you're describing is Chunky Dungeon, a game I've been working on for a while now. Take your existing Chunky Fighters and run them through an entire adventure, including fighting off enemies of various sizes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sturv Tafvherd
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Black Canyon wrote:
Stormtower wrote:
I was thinking of using the Chunky Fighters as the "champions", and having some single-die minions running around with them.

Yes. What you're describing is Chunky Dungeon, a game I've been working on for a while now. Take your existing Chunky Fighters and run them through an entire adventure, including fighting off enemies of various sizes.

wOOt!

my kids and their cousins will be so happy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.