Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jake Courtney
United States
Quincy
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do quest cards get completed and flipped over as soon as there are enough quest tokens on them? Or does it change at the end of the quest resolution.

Is there a limit on the amount of encounter cards that can come out with surge keyword? I've been having some bad luck surging into another surge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mills
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jcourtney wrote:
Do quest cards get completed and flipped over as soon as there are enough quest tokens on them? Or does it change at the end of the quest resolution.

It's as soon as there are enough tokens on them.

Quote:

Is there a limit on the amount of encounter cards that can come out with surge keyword? I've been having some bad luck surging into another surge.

No limit, sadly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrei Ivanesei
Romania
Bucuresti
flag msg tools
I should buy less games
badge
Stop looking at my avatar!
mbmbmbmbmb
jcourtney wrote:

My record so far is 7 treacheries in a row - 4 player game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Courtney
United States
Quincy
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HolyGigi wrote:
jcourtney wrote:

Ouch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Morgan
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jcourtney wrote:
HolyGigi wrote:
jcourtney wrote:

Ouch.

Every time I see or hear this sort of thing happen, I am reminded of Pippin and the well in Moria.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Taylor-Smith
Canada
Okotoks
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EitherOrlok wrote:
jcourtney wrote:
HolyGigi wrote:
jcourtney wrote:

Ouch.

Every time I see or hear this sort of thing happen, I am reminded of Pippin and the well in Moria.

I once told my partner in a two player game during a surgefest that he could have cancelled; 'Fool of a Took, Throw yourself in next time and rid us of your stupidity'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. D
United States
Oneonta
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
flapjackmachine wrote:

I once told my partner in a two player game during a surgefest that he could have cancelled; 'Fool of a Took, Throw yourself in next time and rid us of your stupidity'.

Be careful here. If you are refering to A Test Of Will, then the Surge still happens because it is usually not part of the "When Revealed:" effects.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Taylor-Smith
Canada
Okotoks
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tubarush wrote:
flapjackmachine wrote:

Be careful here. If you are refering to A Test Of Will, then the Surge still happens because it is usually not part of the "When Revealed:" effects.

The choice was the result of Denethor keeping the card on top.

I know 'A Test of Will' doesn't cancel the surge keyword but Eleanor's action does since the card is discarded before the surge keyword activates.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Brennan
Australia
St Ives, Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
flapjackmachine wrote:
I know 'A Test of Will' doesn't cancel the surge keyword but Eleanor's action does since the card is discarded before the surge keyword activates.

Not quite. FAQ has it as:
Q: If Eleanor (CORE 8) is used to cancel the “when revealed” effects of a treachery card, are any surge or doomed keywords on that card also canceled?
A: No. Eleanor only cancels the “when revealed” effects of the treachery card. Any surge or doomed keywords on the card resolve before the new (replacement) card is revealed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Taylor-Smith
Canada
Okotoks
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PBrennan wrote:
flapjackmachine wrote:

Not quite. FAQ as it has:
Q: If Eleanor (CORE 8) is used to cancel the “when revealed” effects of a treachery card, are any surge or doomed keywords on that card also canceled?
A: No. Eleanor only cancels the “when revealed” effects of the treachery card. Any surge or doomed keywords on the card resolve before the new (replacement) card is revealed.

Thanks, good to know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.