Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Theek Eelmach
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
Hello everyone,

I'm looking for suggestions on which games I should look at to buy. I like allot of different kinds of games but I do have a few requirements. First off it has to be able to be played by two players as it is almost always just me and my wife. We like games that are different each time you play like Talisman with all its cards and Betrayal at House on the Hill with its modular board. We like games where you can customize your experience, character, or whatever. Choices are fun. I don't mind complexity in my games if it works well but I can play simpler games as well. I prefer longer games that take at least an hour to play and I prefer games that are at least partially competitive and not completely co op. A good theme is a huge plus and a story is a plus as well. We love Talisman but I want something meatier. We also love BaHotH but can't play it much without a third. I have been looking at Descent but I want to look at other games as well. What games can you suggest that have allot of variety from one game to the next, with allot of theme, customization, and or real strategy.

Thank you for your help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Bennett
United States
Rougemont
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Play. Always.
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out Runebound (Second Edition) if you're looking for another adventure game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Rivet
United States
Pine City
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Well "la de" freck'n Da!
badge
The "Dennis System".
mbmbmbmbmb
Claustrophobia is a good choice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oceluna (jueguetistorias)
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Theek!
Firstable, sorry for my English.
If you love Talisman,you have to know that is about to come Relic, a game based to Talisman in the Warhammer 40000 universe. Take a look! (we have a review).
There are too a lot of Talisman expansions; I have two of them.
Descent and Runewars are a very good games.
Another games to take a look for at least 2 players... Mansion of Madness, Kingdom Builder,Cuba,King of Tokyo (is a dice filler), The Horus Herejie, Eclipse, Team manager, Smallworld or Saboteur.
I'm thinhing in others semicooperative good games, but are at least for 3

I hope help you

BR

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Bennett
United States
Rougemont
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Play. Always.
mbmbmbmbmb
boltspedman wrote:
Claustrophobia is a good choice.

Yeah, this, too! Amazing game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Kazimierczak
United States
Falmouth
Maine
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The games you must have are:

Android: Netrunner: Hands down best 2 player card game ever. Deckbuilding the corp against the runner make this almost infinitely replayable.

Seasons: Another great 2 player game. It really rewards repeat play and has amazing artwork.

Morels: A great couples game. Lighter set collection, but not as "geeky" on the theme in case your wife is turned off by fantasy/sci fi tropes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Theek Eelmach
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
No my wife is certainly not turned off by geeky sci fi fantasy things and is as much of a fan of that if not more of a fan then me. I looked at runebound but there is too little player interaction. I also saw seasons but I just dont know about that one I like the theme Im just not sure about the gameplay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Dunn
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
"...to excel above the common rate, in frivolous things, is nothing graceful in a man of quality and honor." - Michel de Montaigne
badge
Let's just play everything always.
mbmbmbmbmb
Since you like Talisman, check out Merchant of venus (2012)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Theek Eelmach
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
Does it matter if I'm not familiar with the Hell Dorado Universe/setting when it comes to the Claustrophobia game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oceluna (jueguetistorias)
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seasons os similar to Magic without combat and with victory points system, with a lot of differencs, of course

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias
Hong Kong
State of Mind
flag msg tools
badge
I don't even drink!
mbmbmbmbmb
Theek wrote:
Does it matter if I'm not familiar with the Hell Dorado Universe/setting when it comes to the Claustrophobia game?

Nope, not at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Douglass
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mage Knight Board Game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dawn Nichols
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My husband and I play together so we are always looking for good two player games. Dominion is a fantastic two player game and it's different every time you play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Fox
United States
Yukon
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These are MUST HAVE for gaming with my wife, plus you can have more players if the opportunity arises:
Carcassonne
Pandemic

And, seeing that you don't mind games that are a bit longer and a bit more complex, I recommend taking a look at these:
Twilight Struggle
Tigris & Euphrates
1812: The Invasion of Canada

And some personal 2p faves:
Hellas
Lost Cities
Battle Line

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Theek Eelmach
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
Thank you for all of the great suggestions everyone. I apologize for all the typos in my original post. If you have anymore games that you think I should check out please feel free to let me know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.