Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
If you look at this game and compare it with the previous
War and Peace
by Avalon Hill , you will notice the AH edition was given significant attention to the details of the map and the breakdown of the armies and the scenario`s.
This is while more beautiful game with the components but it is much different game and is not paying much to the attention of the era the title suggest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
grant wylie
United States
va. beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The original war & peace by Avalon hill was not that detailed. As a matter of fact the board had several glaring errors. I don't know why ours is not seeing more activity, I thought a Napoleonic axis n allies would hit the spot with gamers. Maybe I was wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael H
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grant, we have done a house rule that allows successful Dipolmacy actions on a die roll of 1 or 2 not just a 1. Each successful dipolmacy die roll can be used by the player as they desire including multiple movement on the dipolmacy track for the same country in the same turn. It is the only way this game becomes balanced. With this rule the game has become delightfully playable with an even chance for the British or the French to win. Games ebb and flow and excitement abounds. Plus the game can be done in under 4 hours for the entire Napoleonic Wars. We in particularly like the important involvement of naval fleets. This rule change saves this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ziegler
United States
Huntingdon Valley
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Grant that this is a game that should have a wider following because it is "Axis & Allies" Napoleonic. I think it needs more exposure.

In consideration of "Napoleon RISK" some time ago, a quality game along RISK lineage, that game too was not too well known.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Bennett
United States
oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Can someone put a short video of this game ?
It will certainly help people seating on the fence of buying this or go for other games.
There are very few Review`s (Actually I think there is only one).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Hurst
United States
Gastonia
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cartking24 wrote:
The original war & peace by Avalon hill was not that detailed. As a matter of fact the board had several glaring errors. I don't know why ours is not seeing more activity, I thought a Napoleonic axis n allies would hit the spot with gamers. Maybe I was wrong.

I don't think you were wrong, I thinks its an issue of publicity. I just discovered this by accident, and ordered immediately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanks Alot
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
go2 Youtube Historical Gaming
mbmbmbmbmb
I played it this past weekend and it was really good. I was worried it was an axis and allies sort of game but there was a great historical feel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanks Alot
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh I tried to do a component review but I was using my ipad and it was horrible but I may unload it anyways
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanks Alot
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are 2 of the videos I did
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AAvlTMqikg&list=UUF8A6KmOxJM...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.