Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Lutz
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Played my first game of this last night and could only muster (see what I did there) a 4p game.

We followed the setup rules, keeping House Martel and Tyrell out of the game. We placed the 12 neutral force tokens.

However, it seems that there were three of us in the north, Stark, Lannister and Greyjoy while Baretheon seemed to have a clear run of the south including House Tyrell's normal starting point.

Are you supposed to put the garrisons for those out of the game houses on their home area?

Are the starting points of the houses not in the game still in play? We thought the insurmountable chits were supposed to go on those two areas but the rules seemed to be clear enough that you only use them with 3 player games.

Yes, I know it was our first play.. but I just wanted to ensure we set it up right. It may have seemed he has a much easier time due to our lack of experience with the game.

thanks,
BOb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radosław Michalak
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
Gaming is for having fun. Fun requires clear rules.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your setup was right.

For more info about 4 player game browse the forum (a lot of discussions, strategies and variants).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lutz
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. The victory conditions don't change either? A lot of unit free area seems like the race to 7 would be much quicker.

BOb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Paul
Iceland
Reykjavik
None
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah the 4 player game straight out of the box seems ridiculously skewed towards Baratheon. It's almost like FFG didn't test it at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Rougier
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We don't follow the four player rules as written - instead just block off the southern areas (use the tiles as in a 3 player game). That seems to solve all the problems.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.