Subject: Question about Interlude 1 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Fuller
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
1. As I understand it you would move to the next closest spot.

2. Correct

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
spurries wrote:

2. Correct

I'm not sure about the first one. My intuition is that if there is a figure blocking the first space of the stream, then figures cannot choose to swim down the stream. I don't know for sure though.

To elaborate on number 2, you can play either of them as one-off quests, but if you are playing in Campaign mode (and you should be), then you only play one of the two Interludes, and which Interlude you play is determined by which side won more of the Act I Quests. If the Heroes won more Act I Quests, then you play the Shadow Vault, and if the Overlord won more Act I Quests, then you play the Overlord Revealed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rom Brown
New Zealand
Gisborne
flag msg tools
Live Fast. Love Hard. Die With Your Mask On.
badge
True-Man's come home! ...and he IS the storm!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes interesting; it says...

"As an action, a figure may swim from any of the water spaces on the River's Edge tile to the water space on the near edge of the Stream tile."

It goes on to say "...he moves to a water space on the Stream tile closest to the River's Edge."

That almost sounds like, he moves to the closest space, but if it was blocked he moves to the next available closest.
I would though think, if all Stream spaces were blocked ... "The pool (stream) is closed due to overcrowding" ...watersports are not an option.

On a similar note, I assume if a monster, say Baron Zach, was sitting on the lower staircase (at the end of the corridor) heroes would not be able to use the staircase at all ..?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hall
United States
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dexter345 wrote:
spurries wrote:

I'm not sure about the first one. My intuition is that if there is a figure blocking the first space of the stream, then figures cannot choose to swim down the stream. I don't know for sure though.

We played it last weekend as that single space was the valid landing spot. Made for a long game of fighting through waves of monsters as the Overlord kept it filled. The waterfall movement was a lot more generous, so once we got through, our carrier threw herself over the falls and bolted for the exit.

Although we played it that way, we thought it was really tedious and were trying to find something to support an alternative interpretation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aswin Agastya
Indonesia
Bekasi
Jawa Barat
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I always allow heroes to jump if he entry space is available and put them on the nearest available space. Much more simple.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.