Mike Rood
United States
Palm Beach Gardens
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Played scenario 3 last night and ran into a situation I couldn't find covered in the rules and wanted to check to see if we played it correctly.

Stark controls an objective on a ford. Lannister cavalry is now next to the objective on the Stark side of the river. The unit is forced to retreat after an attack by the Stark archers. The cavalry unit is forced to retreat onto the objective marker. Does the Lannister player now control the objective? We said yes, in turn causing a Lannister victory.

Also, if a unit were to pursue across an objective they would not gain control as they did not end movement there, correct?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Randolph
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Those both sound right to me, but I'm sure KenToad or North_Wolf will respond with a more definitive answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Dreske
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Units dont change the control marker when pursuing over it, or moving over it, or moving onto it and then pursuing or advancing away. I am not quite sure about retreating onto it, as far as i remeber the wording is that units claim a control marker "when ending _their_ turn on it".
I do not have the scenario book at hand to check.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lannister4live wrote:
Units dont change the control marker when pursuing over it, or moving over it, or moving onto it and then pursuing or advancing away. I am not quite sure about retreating onto it, as far as i remeber the wording is that units claim a control marker "when ending _their_ turn on it".

You are totally right. Words in bold are the key.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Rood
United States
Palm Beach Gardens
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KelemvorBGG wrote:
lannister4live wrote:

You are totally right. Words in bold are the key.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Just seems odd that you would have a unit on an objective but for some reason couldn't take control of it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Dreske
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, if you flee to Some place in panic, would you consider yourself being in control?
As soon as the unit finds time to check the place (that is: being ordered), they can claim it. Or hastily move on without looking. Seems logical to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian McCarthy
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great thread and good catch, Jan! This one needs clarification in the complete corrected rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Mauer
United States
Stevens Point
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lannister4live wrote:
Well, if you flee to Some place in panic, would you consider yourself being in control?

But if the other side attacks the objective location, the unit that fled would be able to defend it as normal. That sounds like “in control” to me.

I would say that “when ending their turn on it” means that when the turn ends and they are on it, the objective is claimed. Not that they have to waste a turn (and especially an order!) doing nothing to claim the objective.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Dreske
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, to be sure, we could just write Rob again and ask him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.