The Hotness
Games|People|Company
The Hotness has gone cold...
Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Smash Up» Forums » General

Subject: Highlighting "Ongoing" and "Special" for future editions / expansions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David H
United States
Unspecified
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure it's not an issue with careful play, experience, or familiarity. However, what do you think about adding some sort of highlight, icon, font, color, etc. in order to make "Ongoing" or "Special" indicators stand out for beginners so that they don't forget to play the effects, note the timing, or find the cards when in their hand or in play?

Typically, "Ongoing" type cards in other games get indicated by their placement (enchantments go in front of the player or get attached to another card), here, ongoing cards may have global effects but do not stand out any differently from other minions whose text is typically ignored once in play (as opposed to being played). So you might forget your Archmage gives you an extra action or that your Microbots all need +1.

Likewise, unless you note it, you might not play a "Special" card forgetting it can be played outside of your normal turn.

I'm not suggesting anything garish and certainly the cards work as they are, but I'm wondering if anyone else thinks this might help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Especially I find it near impossible to keep track of the microbots at all times

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey A
msg tools
mbmb
I agree. I added a bunch of winks to my game to throw on minions to indicate +1 power per wink.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.