Subject: Designer's Blog Part 2 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Todd
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is the second part of the designer blog. Looks good, but I am leaning towards Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game.

http://www.cryptozoic.com/blogs/rd-blog-jumping-dc-comics-de...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Kempf
United States
Jefferson City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It really was a lot of fun when I played the short demo at Gen Con this year and the designer blogs are selling it pretty well.

I sold off about 10 games to justify buying Legendary, wonder how many my wife would like for me to sell off so I can get this one too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Hughes
United States
West Des Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I already pre-order this one. Legendary is looking too much like Thunderstone and Ascension had a baby. I use to play a lot of Thunderstone, but the setup and tear down got old. It just made it a chore to get the thing out anymore. Legendary looks like it could have a similar issue.

I ripped on the DC one intially because it was Ascension-lite or maybe New Ascension I've since softened my stance because my 8 year old said he would try it and it seems like this would be perfect to get him into gaming. Oh and if you don't want it in DC flavor it looks like the engine is being used for LotR as well.

http://www.cryptozoic.com/blogs/lord-rings-fellowship-ring-d...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Garvey
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just read a thorough review of Legendary, and while it sounds decent, the DC DBG is it for me. I like the fact that I get to play as one of the Heroes, which apparently isn't the case in Legendary.

Being a big DC fan proabably also has something to do with it.

I just hope that we get some of the slightly more obscure characters presented in the game - like my all time favourites, the Doom Patrol...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.