Subject: 2 players and rebellion? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ola Mikael Hansson
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In a two player game, why would the losing player not try to get a rebellion? If he tries to, can the winning player stop it?

I can see how in a multi-player game, rebellion is balanced out by both multiple players being able to work together to cancel the efforts of a single player trying to cause rebellion, and by the risk of somebody having the card that makes them win. But that card isn't used in the two player game, and there are no other players to cooperate.

I think the game looks intriguing, but as practically all my gaming is on two players, this aspect greatly worries me. If every game ends up in rebellion, that would be no fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Reid
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For one thing, hidden objectives and game end conditions make it more difficult to know who is the losing player until the end. I personally would prefer to play the variant where those are public, but maybe not for a 2p game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trynant

Charleston
South Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rulebook recommends you play with the Benefactor variant, where there's two trend cards out (the open scoring conditions) and one of them is a trend that will reward players who pay out of pocket to stop rebellions from happening. In other words, stopping rebellions will net you points in this variant and as such is fairly incentivized.

Also, technically everyone 'wins' when the game ends by something other than rebellion, it's just that one person is the 'grand winner.'

I played the two-player game with the benefactor variant and found it actually a lot easier to manage rebellions than the 5-player game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.