moose abdool
msg tools
Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum and BSW. I just downloaded the client a few days ago. It was working fine at first (though taking a while to load up - around 10 mins each time). Then, I updated my Java to version 7 for programming reasons and suddenly my BSW Client stopped working. Whenever I try to launch it, I simply get the error "Startup Error - Error Starting Java VM". The strange thing is though, Java works fine on my PC - I program using Java 7 all the time. Also, the browser version of BSW works fine on my computer also along with other Java programs.

I have already tried re-installing BSW and restarting my computer. But I'm really out of ideas about what could be wrong...why should there by a problem with the Java Virtual Machine? Has anyone experience this before?

If anyone could help me out or give suggestions, I'd GREATLY appreciate it.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you only install 64 bit Java? BSW needs the 32 bit version (you can have both installed at the same time).

Post your problem in the technical problems forum of BSW. You can post english there. Click "Neues Thema" to create a new thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
moose abdool
msg tools
Hmm, I've tried installing both the 32-bit and 64-bit version of Java 7 (I think I only had the 64 bit installed before) but still no luck. Is BSW looking for Java in the wrong directory or something? This is pretty frustrating...but I've posted a topic in the Technical Forums for BSE, so hopefully I can get some suggestions there. Thanks for your input.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls