Jaret Morgan
United States
West Henrietta
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How should a player set up for solo play if he selects the Secret Invasion scheme?

Does the player stick with just 3 Heroes and still add 12 random cards to the Villain deck? I assume that is right, just want to make sure, although 12 cards out of 42 seems kinda harsh. surprise

By the way, though I can't really play this title much right now (beta testing another game), I'm really loving this. It is simple to learn and play, has a solo mode which is a HUGE plus for me, great artwork, and it's just begging for EXPANSIONS! Bring 'em on!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaret Morgan
United States
West Henrietta
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I went ahead and played the Invasion with the three Heroes and won fairly easily but it was enjoyable.

Magneto was the Mastermind. I found that a lot of Heroes wound up as Skrull Villains in the city and with the Recruit cost +2 as the Attack power, it was actually kind of hard to stop them. I did have one escape, and suffered 3 Twists before victory, for 14 total points. Of course now that I think I am getting the hang of things, I think larger solo villain decks will give me more room and time to just grab some victory points in the city before taking out the final Mastermind Tactic.

I kept having good cards get "captured" by Skrull Villains or Twist effects, so that was kind of exciting/aggravating

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Morgan
United States
Hattiesburg
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm wondering the same thing about setup for this scheme for a single player. Anyone know for sure? Setup card says to use 6 heroes but solo play requires that you only use 3 heroes. I'm gong to play it with 3 and see what happens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty McD
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played this scenario and I was crushed by Magneto. I drew the top cards for Emma Frost & Deadpool and Nick Fury's second highest in the first five rounds & couldnt't stop them. Maybe 6 heroes would have helped?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Cairo
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! I totally misread the directions for this Scenario with solo play: I threw 6 heroes into the Villain Deck, along with the other solo requirements! Needless to say, the play was incredibly fun, but tough. To be expected.

I'd like a clarification on this setup as well--I can see a lot of amendments to accomodate specialization, here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Cairo
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
derdefender wrote:
Wow! I totally misread the directions for this Scenario with solo play: I threw 6 heroes into the Villain Deck, along with the other solo requirements! Needless to say, the play was incredibly fun, but tough. To be expected.

I'd like a clarification on this setup as well--I can see a lot of amendments to accomodate specialization, here.

After play-testing a few times, I think Jaret (carnifex218) is correct. THREE heroes with 12 of them going into the Villain Deck. This scenario soars when your heroes get "changed" into Skrull Villains. Great dynamic!

In order to play a tougher game, I randomize the heroes I'm going to use. Mismatched heroes/villains make this game great!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devin Low
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello there,

Thanks for the question. A Scheme's specific setup rules override the solo setup rules. So when playing the Secret Invasion of the Skrull Shapeshifters Scheme, use 6 Heroes in the Hero Deck, then shuffle 12 of those Hero cards into the Villain Deck as the Scheme describes.

Of course, if you want to try a special solo variant where you still use 3 Heroes, you can always try that too! wow

Skrullily yours,

Devin Low meeple
Designer, Legendary
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.