Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nicholas Gauthier
United States
Monticello
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got my game and played it today. I got all listed components and nothing was damaged. Actually there were more components than were on the Contents list on the new rules sheets for the expansion.

*The game upgrades the Klingon cloaking ability by adding to the four pairs of cloaking tokens numbered 1-4 in the Core Set with pairs 5-7 (plus more Sensor Echoes)so the Klingons can now, like the Romulans, cloak up to 7 ships at once.

*Instead of the listed 30 new Control Markers (Romulan/Federation) I got 91 of them!

*I got 14 Romulan Sensor Echo tokens, although I can't see why I'd need more than 3 of them.

*The number of systems tokens is not listed; I got 12 of them.

In my first 3 Player, a novice took the Romulans, and I was Klingon. Both other races pounded on the Feds, who fought and won a two front war! Final score: Federation 13, Klingons 12, Roumlans 8.

The new 3 Player setup doesn't specify Fleet Size/VP Total, so I figured it as 13). On Turn One the Romulan as First Player put a Saboteur on each of the largest ship of the other two fleets, so we had to catch onto these rules fast.

The game took a long time, but was great fun for all of us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Taeblewalker wrote:
The new 3 Player setup doesn't specify Fleet Size/VP Total, so I figured it as 13).

How'd you come up with 13?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Gauthier
United States
Monticello
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a progressive list of game sizes based on those which are given in the rules and how it varies by Key Number (Fleet Size/VP) board Tile Number (TN) used and number of Player Actions (PA) allowed per turn. The Three Player fits into what I call the Medium range, on the spectrum of Minimum, Standard, Medium and Large (including Four Player) ranges. For this size I allow PA 4. Its impressionistic, but seems to work.

Minimum: KN 6 TN 12 PA 3

Standard: KN 10 TN 27 PA 3

Medium 1: KN 13 TN 35 PA 4

Large: KN 16 TN 49 PA 5

Medium 1 happens to be the size I usually play as a two hour, two player game. For a hypothetical 6 player, it would have to be Huge. However, to avoid huge boards and long down time between players, I'd probably just use one ship per person on the Large board.

BTW Paul, if you're on Long Island in New York; I'm here in Brooklyn Heights, and you can drop by any time to play! I mentioned this and my email in a previous thread, but it seems to have disappeared!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
May the Force be with you.
badge
Good and evil; there never is one without the other.
mbmbmbmbmb
I got some extra bits, too.

10 instillation tokens (none listed as contents)
9 Klingon Cloak (none listed in contents -- six were numbered, 3 were not)
28 Romulan Cloak (only 14 listed in contents -- I got 2 each numbered 1-7, and 14 not numbered at all -- just noticed the non-numberd ones say "echo" on the back while the others do not... not sure why they did it this way)
90 Control Tokens (only 30 listed in contents)

Better too much, than too little, I suppose. And, I'm happy to say I got all the correct ships (really sorry to read in another thread that someone got doubles of 2 and was missing 2).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.