according to :
"5.4 Extended Range
MMCs/SMCs with a black box surrounding their range can
fire at up to twice their printed range. Any fire greater than
the printed range, however, is halved. Accordingly, a 2-2-
4 Soviet Guard unit firing at a German Squad three hexes
distant, has a Firepower of 1."

but are fractions rounded up or down?
e.g. if a unit with 1FP uses "Extended Range" ("0.5"FP), does it fire with "0" or "1" FP?

Can a unit with "Extended Range"(ER) and "Assault Move"(AM) combine them in the same impulse?...and which skill/reduction is to be considered first?
e.g. Soviet Guard Heroes in NosB have both of these skills and printed FP or "2"; so, if they assault move and fire at extended range at same impulse, how FP is calculated?
(2FP -2(AM) )/ 2(ER) = 0FP ?
OR
(2FP / 2(ER) ) - 2(AM) = -1FP ?

Thank You a lot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ste.
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SJBenoist wrote:
I'm not sure if there are any FP 1 units with Extended Range, but if I had one, I'd probably say round down (like Opportunity Fire w/ Ops Complete marker).

You can use both AM & ER. As 6.1 is written, you would apply Extended Range first, then AM second.

I'll have to double-check with Mark about negative Firepower totals. I'll reply again afterward.

Thank SJBenoist,
i think negative Firepower ("-1") is legal: it means that Attack die roll will have a modifier of "-1" (besides the other modifiers)...are you agree?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.