Hide
15 Posts

Eclipse» Forums » General

Subject: Where can I get Pulsar and Supernova? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Super PikaVu
msg tools
So I just received my copy of Eclipse, the second printing, and I want to know where I can purchase/find the pulsar and supernova expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lieven De Puysseleir
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
trust me, I'm a dentist
badge
we don't lie, we use statistics
mbmbmbmbmb
supernova, you can find it [geekurl=http://store.boardgamegeek.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=293&category_id=3&vmcchk=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1]here[/geekurl] on the geekstore.
pulsar, I'm looking for that myself.

rgds,
Lieven
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gleb Semenjuk
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pulsar is so overpowered that finding this tile makes you a target. It really is fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lauri Suomalainen
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Gleb wrote:
Pulsar is so overpowered that finding this tile makes you a target. It really is fun.

Aren't you referring to supernova?

Pulsar is included as a RotA -preorder goodie.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias B
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pre-Order goodie?

Is that for the pre orders from lautapellit or does it also include the ones pre ordered from a retailer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gleb Semenjuk
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fleuri wrote:
Gleb wrote:

Finding = Exploring that hex. And I am just referring to Pulsar tile that is included in the Pulsar goodie.

Supernova tiles are hit-and-miss. Last game both novas died before turn 5.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Kamber
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gleb wrote:
Fleuri wrote:
Gleb wrote:

Finding = Exploring that hex. And I am just referring to Pulsar tile that is included in the Pulsar goodie.

Huh? I disagree strongly. Pulsar seems to be quite on par with most other tiles. Supernova, however, has been removed from my game because it is so game-warpingly powerful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gleb Semenjuk
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dulkal wrote:
Gleb wrote:
Fleuri wrote:
Gleb wrote:

Huh? I disagree strongly. Pulsar seems to be quite on par with most other tiles. Supernova, however, has been removed from my game because it is so game-warpingly powerful.

Supernova is not reliable... And it also drives additional attention to your systems. And for us, who are playing with 5 people at least, being a potential target is a painful experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Kamber
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gleb wrote:
Supernova is not reliable... And it also drives additional attention to your systems. And for us, who are playing with 5 people at least, being a potential target is a painful experience.

It is not reliable, but in pretty much any game, it is reliably superior to pretty much any other tier III space.

I don't generally buy into the "it's so good that others will want to take it, so it is bad" line of reasoning. Yes, it is possible to balance by ganging up on someone. No, that does not make it balanced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gleb Semenjuk
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dulkal wrote:
Gleb wrote:

It is not reliable, but in pretty much any game, it is reliably superior to pretty much any other tier III space.

I don't generally buy into the "it's so good that others will want to take it, so it is bad" line of reasoning. Yes, it is possible to balance by ganging up on someone. No, that does not make it balanced.

I agree to your point, but in our group, once you have the cloaking device, jump drive and advanced standard drive on one ship, then hunt for places like supernovas is the most exciting thing ever. All the table hates you but noone can do anything against you. You just hop to any sweet spot in the space and fight for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Kamber
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gleb wrote:
I agree to your point, but in our group, once you have the cloaking device, jump drive and advanced standard drive on one ship, then hunt for places like supernovas is the most exciting thing ever. All the table hates you but noone can do anything against you. You just hop to any sweet spot in the space and fight for it.

That might be true, but that is less a question of how powerful the supernova is, and more a question of the level of balance through player focus.

In my opinion, the only meaningful way to discuss the benefits of a hex is to judge its merits outside of a context where almost any advantage can be countered by other players.

And in that sense, Supernova didn't hold up. It seems like Pulsar will.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pulsar was only available with pre-order direct from them.
Which excluded U.S. addresses.
That said, I understand that at some point it will make an appearance on the geekstore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lauri Suomalainen
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
We just finished playing a game and the most impropable happened. Eridani found a supernova on turn 3, but as they had zero techs on the topmost tech track, it exploded in the end of the turn when snake eyes were rolled. The schadenfreude was something spectacular.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Brown
United Kingdom
Coulsdon
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I missed both of these when they were in the store. Are they available from anywhere else - other than ebay!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Best of my knowledge, pulsar hasn't made it to the store yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.