Subject: Dilemmas are overcome? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Cox
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played last night with a friend who had never played before. It had been awhile since I played so I had forgotten everything.

According to the rules:
Rules wrote:
If all the personnel you have attempting a mission are killed, stopped, or otherwise removed from the mission attempt, your personnel do not face any remaining dilemmas in your opponent’s dilemma stack. Instead, those remaining dilemmas are overcome.
If there is a stack of 5 dilemmas and the first 1 stops ALL the personnel attempting this mission, where do these dilemmas go? I assume if the first dilemma did not mention where to put it, it goes under the mission card. What about the other 4, though? Do they go beneath the mission to not be used again or to the bottom of the dilemma deck?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Garvey
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Whenever any dilemma is overcome, it goes underneath the mission being attempted.

So in your scenario, the first dilemma stops all the personnel, and is overcome. Because everyone is now stopped, they don't face any remaining dilemmas in this mission attempt, so the 4 remaining dilemmas also go beneath the mission.

Hope this helps
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Moskop
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It should be mentioned too that your scenario is something to prevent at all costs. Putting so many dilemmas under a mission without even having to face them can be the turning point in the game. Strategically, you want to use a "wall" dilemma (something that stops everyone) near the end of the dilemma pile while using earlier dilemmas to target specific skills or personnel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.