Mark M
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Many items with no bids as of yet...

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/148470/getting-ready-f...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Upkar Gata-Aura
Sweden
Järfälla
Stockholms Län
flag msg tools
Aaaaahhh'm the best singer!
badge
Bbbbbut that's not fair!
mbmbmbmbmb
You could open it up internationally, then your potential customer base would be that much larger.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark M
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been very disappointed with the response to this compared to all of my other auctions. People must be hoarding cash these days. I think I am just going to let this run its course as is and post them for sale. Is there something specific you were interested in? I might be able to work something out after the auction ends if it is unsold, but not willing to generally open it up to international.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
manymoodys wrote:
I have been very disappointed with the response to this compared to all of my other auctions. People must be hoarding cash these days. I think I am just going to let this run its course as is and post them for sale. Is there something specific you were interested in? I might be able to work something out after the auction ends if it is unsold, but not willing to generally open it up to international.

Not a commentary on your prices necessarily, but I think people tend to be afraid of high opening bids. Again, not saying that your prices are too high, but if they were called "soft reserves" I think more people would have bit early and followed it all along. Why open a bid at $30 when someone might post in another auction and you can get it for $25? So they wait until the final 24 hours and survey the current market at that time. But if they could have placed a bid of $5, it would show their interest without committing them to anything. You may or may not have sold as many, but you could better gauge interest.

As for me, a lot of great titles here. Unfortunately for you, I own just about all of them so that is why I sat this one out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayfield
United States
flag msg tools
ColtsFan76 wrote:
manymoodys wrote:

Not a commentary on your prices necessarily, but I think people tend to be afraid of high opening bids.

no, the prices are too high. on descent and automobile even the starting bids are just $1-2 below new delivered price from amazon. his MoV starting bid is more expensive than amazon. then his BIN prices are just insulting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark M
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
then his BIN prices are just insulting

Certainly did not mean to insult and maybe I priced higher than some of my previous auction prices. I may have been swayed by these either being hot games or OOP titles. I didn't do extensive research other than generally knowing what the games were going for. Oh, well - raised enough to buy MoV for my Secret Santa recipient off of Amazon it would appear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
mayfield703 wrote:
ColtsFan76 wrote:
Not a commentary on your prices necessarily, but I think people tend to be afraid of high opening bids.

no, the prices are too high.

I am not going to directly call out high prices publicly. I think that is a break in auction etiquette as well. If it bothers you, voice your opinion by not bidding. If it bothers you more than that, take it up in a private GeekMail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark M
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let free enterprise reign. If I priced too high and don't sell them my bad and I will learn from it. I have had really good success in the past with auctions and maybe I did overprice and the market is telling me so. Does seem to me that the bidders aren't being as aggressive of late - not just basing that on my auction, but others I have bid in or watched.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Upkar Gata-Aura
Sweden
Järfälla
Stockholms Län
flag msg tools
Aaaaahhh'm the best singer!
badge
Bbbbbut that's not fair!
mbmbmbmbmb
Set up a new auction after Xmas.

You might be abe to get your asking price then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.