Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

Star Wars: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Question regarding card distribution rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kristian Čurla
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mb
The one and only thing which still bugs me in Netrunner LCG core set is the disrtibution of cards. Its irritating and insulting. Okay I may have overstepped the line, BUT NEVERTHELESS. It stands against everything LCG stands for. I would gladly pay 5$ more to get all the cards then this...
The obvious question is arrising. What is the card distribution in SW?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want to have all deck building options you need 2 core sets. More core sets after that will just let you make more decks at the same time.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Every objective set comes 1x each, except for 2 neutral objective sets which come 2x. A deck can have up to 2 of any objective set in it (with the exception of ones which are limited to one in their game text). So 2 core sets will be the maximum you'd need for playsets of the cards.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Čurla
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mb
Lame but still better than having 3 netrunner core sets. Altough I think that 2 would suffice. Thank you for you replies and I am still sad that ffg does this.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually think it is the best distribution they've had yet. 2 sets will allow you to have playsets for everything and multiple decks built at the same time. Pretty good deal IMO.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Paulik
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Darksbane wrote:
I actually think it is the best distribution they've had yet. 2 sets will allow you to have playsets for everything and multiple decks built at the same time. Pretty good deal IMO.


Right, I agree. It's better than Netrunner, to me, since Netrunner is "You need 2 and might want 3" while this is "You need 2 and have practically zero use for a 3rd".

The multiple decks at a time is also key. I bought my 2nd Netrunner core as much for the ability to have 2 corp decks built as for extra copies of the "rares".
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Redd
United States
Bremerton
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm on FFG's side in the matter. I have two sets of A:NR; I have friends who could only budget for one, but are quite happy to get to play A:NR at all. Had the box cost $10 or $15 more, some of them may not have been able to buy into it at all.

There are people who are willing to pay more, and people who aren't. If they packaged complete playsets, FFG would lose customers who don't want to pay the higher price. If they package it singleton-style, they keep those customers, and make extra sales from the customers who want duplicates.

One method sacrifices potential sales; the other method does not. Thus, business logic wins.

I'm just happy that a full LCG playset is still tons cheaper than a full CCG/TCG playset.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The reason they do this is because they won't have expansions for 3 months or so, so they want you to buy more. Though if they listen to the community at all, they would come out with a deluxe core set to all there games for more money but enough copies of everything.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Eding
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
SeerMagic wrote:
Though if they listen to the community at all, they would come out with a deluxe core set to all there games for more money but enough copies of everything.


I am curious, what do you (and some others on this thread) mean by "enough copies"?

Mostly, I am interested in what is missing from the core set. Why is it as limited as people are saying?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Goodridge
United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Currently at 1:2 ratio, getting better every week
badge
I don't want it, I don't need it, but I can't stop myself. - Stabbing Westward
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
LeximusMaximus wrote:
SeerMagic wrote:
Though if they listen to the community at all, they would come out with a deluxe core set to all there games for more money but enough copies of everything.


I am curious, what do you (and some others on this thread) mean by "enough copies"?

Mostly, I am interested in what is missing from the core set. Why is it as limited as people are saying?


In all the other FFG LCGs, the distribution is either "lumpy" meaning various quantities from 1-3 of a particular card, or basically singles of everything. Since the deckbuilding rules allow you to have 3x any card, you often need to buy multiple cores to have "enough copies". Now with Star Wars, all you should "need" is 2 cores because each objective set is limited to 2x in a deck.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Eding
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cardboardjunkie wrote:
LeximusMaximus wrote:
SeerMagic wrote:
Though if they listen to the community at all, they would come out with a deluxe core set to all there games for more money but enough copies of everything.


I am curious, what do you (and some others on this thread) mean by "enough copies"?

Mostly, I am interested in what is missing from the core set. Why is it as limited as people are saying?


In all the other FFG LCGs, the distribution is either "lumpy" meaning various quantities from 1-3 of a particular card, or basically singles of everything. Since the deckbuilding rules allow you to have 3x any card, you often need to buy multiple cores to have "enough copies". Now with Star Wars, all you should "need" is 2 cores because each objective set is limited to 2x in a deck.


Thanks for spelling it out! I was just a little lost, as I've just started reading about this one. I got really into X-wing, and now I've pre-ordered the base set for the LCG... FFG may as well take a monthly payment from me starting next year...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Bryce
United States
Bay Area
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
galathonredd wrote:
I'm on FFG's side in the matter. I have two sets of A:NR; I have friends who could only budget for one, but are quite happy to get to play A:NR at all. Had the box cost $10 or $15 more, some of them may not have been able to buy into it at all.


I'd like to see them offer a "supplemental pack" which would be the remaining cards to bring the game up to 3x of all cards. This wouldn't affect the cost of the base game allowing FFG to cast a wide net for new players. For those who like the game and want to use a full set, they can round out their base set by buying the supplemental pack. Allows for additional revenue and doesn't leave them with pissed off players or players who reject the game on principle.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Eding
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Droz wrote:

doesn't leave them with pissed off players or players who reject the game on principle.


But seeing as we're talking about this via the internet, those players will never be truly satisfied
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Bredfeldt
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
This really is the best LCG distribution I have seen since the days of the flax 1x distribution. The only thing that confuses me is the need to put two copies of the "one per deck" objectives in the core. Supposedly it is so that both of the major light side and dark side decks can be constructed at the same time. But how often do we really need that? And, why do it for this game and not Netrunner, for example. Or maybe they could have doubled up the neutral objective that isn't OPD.

Still, having a full playset with two core sets (and only 24 garbage cards in that second set) is just fine with me.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.