Subject: Rules regarding spell casting. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rick Koeppen
United States
Bellevue
Nebraska
flag msg tools
LEGO: Hopeful for new 'Castle' sets in 2015!
badge
Games: Regarding my favorite theme of 'Fantasy', I'm hoping for fewer 'card' games and more 'board' games.
mbmbmbmbmb
How many spells may a Wizard/Cleric cast as defenders during an attack? Let's say I have one wizard. May he cast both a repulsion spell and a hold spell and then also cast a scroll spell (or multiple scroll spells) all in one turn? Same question for the Cleric (can he cast multiple scroll spells in one turn)? I understand there is a limit on the number of times a Cleric may dispel an undead monster, and that imposed limit made me think that casting scroll spells might be limitless since there were no rules stating to the contrary.

A situation came up in my last game where I had four (4!) Wizards within my lines of defense. That would give me up to eight repulsion/hold spells. I also had a Cleric and a couple of scroll spells for him, and wondered if I could use them both as I was being attacked.

Edit: I answered my own question some time ago, but I forgot to update this just in case someone comes across this in the future. In the lower right of the front page of the rules there is a section regarding magic. It clearly says only one spell per magic user per combat and that includes repulsion, hold, dispell, and spell card spells.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.